Recommend me headphones

RandomTroll

Looking for some headphones. Not an audiophile.

Primarily for gaming but I also don't want super crappy sound quality, probably won't be able to tell anyways.

I am not really sure what to expect willing to spend a couple hundred.

Wireless is nice but not 100% necessary.

Information that might not be useful.

Was using headphones that came with my gl503vs probably anything will be better.

Not using a dac and amp just the 3.5mm on my laptop and phone only matters for wired afaik.

Late edit for visibility:

I decided to look into a couple and I found the Cooler Master MH751/752 that no one recommended. From what I see, some people say these are better than the clouds and a channel named Z reviews which seems to know his stuff recommended these heavily and from all the searching these are very good. The question is it really that good and if so should I get the 751 or the 752 because as far as I can tell the 752 just comes with a crappy usb sound card which from what I read is not needed. Is the onboard audio on my enough?

Do you game in noisy environments or places where people would mind hearing more than your mouse clicks/keyboard clacks? To determine if open back is a viable option. The soundstage and therefore positional audio is usually significantly superior.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Do you game in noisy environments or places where people would mind hearing more than your mouse clicks/keyboard clacks? To determine if open back is a viable option. The soundstage and therefore positional audio is usually significantly superior.

My laptop sounds like a mini vacuum.

what's your budget to be exact?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

4 minutes ago, RandomTroll said:

Looking for some headphones. Not an audiophile.

Primarily for gaming but I also don't want super crappy sound quality, probably won't be able to tell anyways.

I am not really sure what to expect willing to spend a couple hundred.

Wireless is nice but not 100% necessary.

Information that might not be useful.

Was using headphones that came with my gl503vs probably anything will be better.

Not using a dac and amp just the 3.5mm on my laptop and phone only matters for wired afaik.

Hi there! 

Some personal choices based on $100USD ish budget.

HyperX Cloud II

Corsair Void Pro

SteelSeries Arctis 3 (2019 edition)

Razer Kraken (Oval shaped ones)

I personally wouldn't recommend you to get anyone of the above until you legit-ly head down and try it out.

Everyone's' ears are different especially when it comes to the fit of the earcups.

Personally i cannot stand round shape designs, I don't know who in the world thinks that human ears are cute and "round".

Then comes to those wearing spectacles, there might be discomfort if the clamping force is too much.

Earpad materials may also create a problem as well.

For someone like me staying in Singapore for which generally the weather is hot and humid i wouldn't recommend "leather" options.

Above are my personal thoughts! Hope you can find what you are looking for.

2 minutes ago, Oswin said:

what's your budget to be exact?

100-300? I don't really know much about audio.

8 minutes ago, RandomTroll said:

100-300? I don't really know much about audio.

Logitech G Pro

Sennheiser game one

hyper X cloud orbit

astro A40

are some solid choices

for something below 100 (if need):

Sennheiser GSP 300

Cooler Master MH 751

Hyper X Cloud 2

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

9 minutes ago, Oswin said:

Logitech G Pro

Sennheiser game one

hyper X cloud orbit

astro A40

are some solid choices

for something below 100 (if need):

Sennheiser GSP 300

Cooler Master MH 751

Hyper X Cloud 2

I would agree with Sennheiser or HyperX but I'd be careful about Logitech and I would recommend against buying Astros.

Where are you from, @RandomTroll? Maybe there are some local brands that could be available cheaper?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I would agree with Sennheiser or HyperX but I'd be careful about Logitech and I would recommend against buying Astros.

Where are you from, @RandomTroll? Maybe there are some local brands that could be available cheaper?

Singapore but I don't really think there is anything here. 

I personally run dt990 pros, modmic4 into a cheap behringer mixer. Works like a charm. For listening to music on the go I use Plantronics backbeat pro 2. Those have nice anc and sound very good for the price. 

I would recommend getting a decent pair of headphones and adding a mic after the fact, since there is no single headset that has good microphone

42 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

forgot to state about that, thank you for clarifying 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

I wear glasses ... I tried the corsair void pro.  Comfortable but that's about it. 

I bought the sennheiser gsp 300 and I like them.  They are comfortable too but fit a bit tighter than the corsair.  Sound is good (way better that the corsair void pro) but not audiophile grade for sure.  The thing is I wanted a headset but now thinking about it, I don't even play games with other people.  Having heard about mod mics before I bought the headset I would have bought some good high quality headphones and just got a  modmic or something else for sound input. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Just now, RandomTroll said:

Not really

for $300 you cna squeez in a decent closed back headphone and a DAc/amp

this is my favorite closed back for gaming under $300 https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-PRO-Studio-Headphone/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=dt770&qid=1582470526&sr=8-2

but at 250 ohms your laptop might not be able to run it so I would first order it see if it's loud enough if not  I would consider a dac amp

here are some reccs. we could go cheaper if you like but for your budget these are just some of my favorites. the q1 mk 2 is a nice portable amp and  the k5 pro is a nice powerful amp that can power even a 600 ohm dt 880

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-K5-AK4493EQ-Amplifier-Headphone/dp/B07WT7TYWY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2R4ZPSRZ6B8D7&keywords=fiio+k5+pro&qid=1582470637&sprefix=fiio+k5+%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Q1-Mark-II-Amplifier/dp/B0757MH46M/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fiio+q1+mk2&qid=1582470718&sr=8-1

If you don’t care that much about sound, you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on audiophile headphones. There are plenty of options around $50 which don’t sound bad at all. 

I can easily recommend the AKG K72 or K92. They sound pretty decent, especially considering the price. And the comfort is excellent. I used these for 1 year without any issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to look into a couple and I found the Cooler Master MH751/752 that no one recommended. From what I see, some people say these are better than the clouds and a channel named Z reviews which seems to know his stuff recommended these heavily and from all the searching these are very good. The question is it really that good and if so should I get the 751 or the 752 because as far as I can tell the 752 just comes with a crappy usb sound card which from what I read is not needed. Is the onboard audio on my enough?

Hi, so you won't need some over fancy crap for a laptop. Most high performance headsets will require an amp to get it done and you probably don't want to deal with that. 

On my PC I run a full sound system with an amp, mixers that stuff. Its NOT worth it. I get good sound but it is VERY unportable.

From personal experiance I would recommend a the following headsets:

(Prices are in USD)

Corsair Void Pro

It's great for glasses folks and fits incredibly well on any head size. It's also a very good value for its cost and if you can find it used you can get it for as low as 25 instead of paying the full 80$

Razer Kraken

Good solid headset not too over priced.

Hyper X cloud 2

It's a good high quality headset. Have not had any problems with it yet.

Those are pretty good and considering that unless you have one of the latest gen Razer Blades or a very high level Asus, MSI or dell you will not be getting PC level sound. I have a ROG III and a Razer Blade 15 inch and both have good sound boards built in. Don't expect a 300$ headset to sound good with a crappy Jack or LOWWWWW quality sound card (chromebook alert).

Also you might want to consider going wireless and if you do Sennheiser and Corsair have some good headsets in the 200$ range.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the matter.

Just now, Stormfront Tech said:

Hi, so you won't need some over fancy crap for a laptop. Most high performance headsets will require an amp to get it done and you probably don't want to deal with that. 

On my PC I run a full sound system with an amp, mixers that stuff. Its NOT worth it. I get good sound but it is VERY unportable.

(Prices are in USD)

Corsair Void Pro

It's great for glasses folks and fits incredibly well on any head size. It's also a very good value for its cost and if you can find it used you can get it for as low as 25 instead of paying the full 80$

Razer Kraken

Hyper X cloud 2

Those are pretty good and considering that unless you have one of the latest gen Razer Blades or a very high level Asus, MSI or dell you will not be getting PC level sound. I have a ROG III and a Razer Blade 15 inch and both have good sound boards built in. Don't expect a 300$ headset to sound good with a crappy Jack or LOWWWWW quality sound card (chromebook alert).

Also you might want to consider going wireless and if you do Sennheiser and Corsair have some good headsets in the 200$ range.

If you do go wireless consider signal degradation as well.

1 hour ago, Stormfront Tech said:

(Prices are in USD)

Corsair Void Pro

Razer Kraken

Hyper X cloud 2

Yes I looked into those headsets but a lot of people say the Cooler Master MH751/752 is better and around the same price/less. So, I am asking if those headphones would require the included sound card considering the difference between the 751 and the 752 is the usb sound card. I am asking because some people say that the card is better than onboard audio some say it is not required which is probably because of different hardware so I am asking if my laptop the GL503VS has good enough onboard audio as I do not know how to check myself(which all I know is that it says realtek high definition audio like every other computer I see) to not need the 752(which is just the 751 with the usb sound card). It is also more convenient to not have to use a usb dongle.