Under 1000$ 144hz First Build!

tripletim

Hello everyone, a long time ago I bought a laptop with a 1050ti and i7 processor, but I've been wanting to upgrade ever since. I am looking to buy used/refurbished parts to complete this build.

Here is what I have purchased so far:

- AsRock B450M Pro4 Motherboard 75$

- LPX 16GB 3600mhz RAM 75$

- 430 Watt 80+ Power Supply 38$

-DarkFlash MIcroATX Case  (59$)

(These were 260$)

Here is what I'm thinking of buying to complete this build:

RTX 2070 Used/Refurbished for (350-400$)

Ryzen 2600 Used or new (100-120$)

500GB Solid State Drive (59$)

144hz monitor (160$)

Any suggestions? I don't currently have a 144hz monitor so that is why it is included in the price. I know it's a stretch for the price, I can also get a 2060 for 309$.

The games I will play the most will be Battlefield V, CSGO, and Rainbow Six siege. I hope to get at least above 120fps on medium settings in each of these.

I decided on not using Radeon 5000 Series cards as on most retailers there are horrible reviews of them.

PCPARTPICKER: 

Any suggestions, comments, or changes are greatly appreciated! I will respond promptly!

4 minutes ago, tripletim said:

Hello everyone, a long time ago I bought a laptop with a 1050ti and i7 processor, but I've been wanting to upgrade ever since. I am looking to buy used/refurbished parts to complete this build.

Here is what I have purchased so far:

- AsRock B450M Pro4 Motherboard 75$

- LPX 16GB 3600mhz RAM 75$

- 430 Watt 80+ Power Supply 38$

-DarkFlash MIcroATX Case  (59$)

(These were 260$)

Here is what I'm thinking of buying to complete this build:

RTX 2070 Used/Refurbished for (350-400$)

Ryzen 2600 Used or new (100-120$)

500GB Solid State Drive (59$)

144hz monitor (160$)

Any suggestions? I don't currently have a 144hz monitor so that is why it is included in the price. I know it's a stretch for the price, I can also get a 2060 for 309$.

The games I will play the most will be Battlefield V, CSGO, and Rainbow Six siege. I hope to get at least above 120fps on medium settings in each of these.

I decided on not using Radeon 5000 Series cards as on most retailers there are horrible reviews of them.

Any suggestions, comments, or changes are greatly appreciated! I will respond promptly!

create a PCPartPicker list, the prices will be wrong as they go off the new market, but its easier to swap out parts 

Might not be enough PSU for a 2070.  That card lists a tsp of 185w, which means under heavy load it’s going to be higher.  And gaming is generally really heavy gpu load.  Might have to go bigger.  Throwing an extra $20-30 at the PSU and bumping to 500w would likely net you a much better device.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Might not be enough PSU for a 2070.  That card lists a tsp of 185w, which means under heavy load it’s going to be higher.  And gaming is generally really heavy gpu load.  Might have to go bigger.  Throwing an extra $20-30 at the PSU and bumping to 500w would likely net you a much better device.

For 50-60$ I can get a much, much better PSU. I agree, I will think about it.

3 minutes ago, tripletim said:

For 50-60$ I can get a much, much better PSU. I agree, I will think about it.

Not just in terms of wattage. The Smart series isn't a great unit to begin with.

Something like A Corsair CX wouldn't cost a whole lot more.