Hello

Could you please check my build plan for a new PC for content creation, visualisation and light gaming?

My budget is 1400€ for the PC+Monitor+Peripherals

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - around 300€

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

(I would like remain int the max. 350€ price category for GPU)

PSU: I think a 650W 80+ Gold certified should be enough, right?

RAM : DDR4 16Gb KIT (2x8) 3600MHz CL16

(In my country, there is not much to choose from in this 3600MHz category, so do you think a 3200MHz would be ok?)

Memory: SSD Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

M.2. NVMe Seagate Barracuda                   250Gb/500Gb

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570                               Plus (don't know if I need                             the WiFi or no WiFi version)

ASRock Steel Legend

Can you recommend me good case with glass side door? 

Also, if you think I should change something or if I can get a better performance/price part please feel free to comment.

Thanks.

With the 2060 you can use the features Nvidia has for optimizing content creation since AMD cards are usually buggy and are usually good for their raw horsepower not their features. 3200mhz ram would be more than enough for you rig unless you want to spend more on faster RAM for marginally better performance (mostly synthetics). You could just tighten the timings on the 3200 kit or even run it at 3466 with reasonable timings for better performance for the price. If you don't bring the PC with you (lol) and you can wire it up, you won't need the WiFi board. I'd go with the Asus board. As for the case, there a lot of respectable tempered glass cases out there. Depends on you aesthetic preferences and availability. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

22 minutes ago, VenomizerX said:

With the 2060 you can use the features Nvidia has for optimizing content creation since AMD cards are usually buggy and are usually good for their raw horsepower not their features. 3200mhz ram would be more than enough for you rig unless you want to spend more on faster RAM for marginally better performance (mostly synthetics). You could just tighten the timings on the 3200 kit or even run it at 3466 with reasonable timings for better performance for the price. If you don't bring the PC with you (lol) and you can wire it up, you won't need the WiFi board. I'd go with the Asus board. As for the case, there a lot of respectable tempered glass cases out there. Depends on you aesthetic preferences and availability. 

Thanks, much appreciated! 

I'd go with the non WiFi board then and finding a good 3200MHz RAM will be easier so that's a plus. 

Which brand would you recommend for the RTX 2060? I heard MSI GPUs are not really good...should I go for an ASUS or Gigabyte version?

2 minutes ago, m777y said:

price peformance cpu is r5 3600, vga rtx 2060(not gaming).

budget left can spare for mobo x570+ ssd nvme 4.0 /32GB ram.

Thanks for the help! I'll consider this CPU too! Price wise it is better for sure...

You could go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and an MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX. With the money you just saved you can get 32GB of 3200MHz memory. Also, you should get a large HDD as videos take up an insane amount of space and you might want to archive some of them (if you are making videos, which I assume you are, but even so it's still nice to have).

3 minutes ago, CreativeName642 said:

You could go with the Ryzen 5 3600 and an MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX. With the money you just saved you can get 32GB of 3200MHz memory.

My first plan was the same as you mentioned but I was advised to get the x570 mobo as that is more future proof.

I'll consider this option though.

Well Asus does make good cards although a bit overpriced especially on some models. MSI's cards aren't that bad either just overpriced. You can get a Gigabyte card which is affordable on specific models and still get the performance expected. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

4 minutes ago, VenomizerX said:

Well Asus does make good cards although a bit overpriced especially on some models. MSI's cards aren't that bad either just overpriced. You can get a Gigabyte card which is affordable on specific models and still get the performance expected. 

Thanks! I found an RTX 2060 Gigabyte for good value! There are two versions though. OC and Windforce XT...which one is better? Price difference is minimal.

So I changed a few things, what do you think?

On 2/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, ShinRamen said:

If you go with an RTX 2060, get the EVGA 2060 KO

it is not available in my country...what do you think about the

Asus Turbo GeForce RTX 2060 6G ?

3 hours ago, VivienMatthews said:

it is not available in my country...what do you think about the

Asus Turbo GeForce RTX 2060 6G ?

The ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2060 6G is a blower style card, I would avoid those and go with a card that has 2 fans!

Unfortunate that the EVGA 2060 KO is not available in your country - it has the same TU104 die that the 2070 Super and 2080 use and has a performance advantage in certain tasks over other 2060s

On 2/21/2020 at 5:35 AM, VivienMatthews said:

Hello

Could you please check my build plan for a new PC for content creation, visualisation and light gaming?

My budget is 1400€ for the PC+Monitor+Peripherals

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - around 300€

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

(I would like remain int the max. 350€ price category for GPU)

PSU: I think a 650W 80+ Gold certified should be enough, right?

RAM : DDR4 16Gb KIT (2x8) 3600MHz CL16

(In my country, there is not much to choose from in this 3600MHz category, so do you think a 3200MHz would be ok?)

Memory: SSD Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

M.2. NVMe Seagate Barracuda                   250Gb/500Gb

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570                               Plus (don't know if I need                             the WiFi or no WiFi version)

ASRock Steel Legend

Also, if you think I should change something or if I can get a better performance/price part please feel free to comment.

Thanks.

I'm not sure that I agree with the 3600 downgrade for content creation that's been suggested. 

For software that's doing workload processing, the 3700X has a lot to offer at the price point.

For Zen 2 you're at the sweet spot with the 3600mhz CL16 RAM. If it were more affordable, you may see more benefit from 3200mhz 32GB.

There is a performance difference at 3200mhz, but it's not large.

I do agree that the CUDA cores are a benefit in most processes. If you can fit nVidia in the budget, I see no reason why you shouldn't.

You can check out the GPU Tier List and compare the coolers within your budget. You don't have to take advice at face value.

The X570 Tuf Gaming is a great choice on board. Typically the wifi version isn't much different in price. I can't speak to your local pricing, though.

The favorite is definitely the Meshify C or the Cooler Master H500.

For something more budget friendly you could look into an MX-330, a Focus-G (which lacks a PSU shroud, but has good natural cooling), MB600L, P300.

8 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I'm not sure that I agree with the 3600 downgrade for content creation that's been suggested. 

For software that's doing workload processing, the 3700X has a lot to offer at the price point.

For Zen 2 you're at the sweet spot with the 3600mhz CL16 RAM. If it were more affordable, you may see more benefit from 3200mhz 32GB.

There is a performance difference at 3200mhz, but it's not large.

I do agree that the CUDA cores are a benefit in most processes. If you can fit nVidia in the budget, I see no reason why you shouldn't.

You can check out the GPU Tier List and compare the coolers within your budget. You don't have to take advice at face value.

The X570 Tuf Gaming is a great choice on board. Typically the wifi version isn't much different in price. I can't speak to your local pricing, though.

The favorite is definitely the Meshify C or the Cooler Master H500.

For something more budget friendly you could look into an MX-330, a Focus-G (which lacks a PSU shroud, but has good natural cooling), MB600L, P300.

Thank you so much!

My original plan was the following (obviously just one RAM KIT but I cannot really decide which one would be the best so I left them all there):

Getting 3200MHz 32Gb KIT is close to 200€ so it would definitely not fit my budget...Would a 3200MHz CL16 16Gb KIT be enough?

I know AMD has driver issues but I want to stay in the budget and get the best performance/price varioation.

I also need advice regarding a monitor...I was thinking about AOC as I have good experience with them. One with an adjustable stand would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

My updated parts list with already purchased parts:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For €150.00
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For €68.00
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For €48.00
Case Lian Li LANCOOL 215 ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For €74.00
Monitor Asus ProArt Display PA278QV 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor Purchased For €299.00
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless Laser Mouse Purchased For €99.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total €738.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-22 10:49 CET+0100  

+ I already have PSU but it is a local manufacturer so I could not find it on PCPartPicker

PSU: 1stCOOL White Storm series 85+ 700W - 50€

Keyboard: Keychron K1 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard (Version 4) - 70€

I need help with deciding which CPU to choose: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X or Ryzen 7 3700X?

Also, RAM recommendations would be great. I know AMD likes fast RAM, so I would go for something that is 3600MHz and CL16 a 16GB KIT.

GPU...well everything is out of stock so I have no idea. I was thinking about AMD Radeon RX 5500XT or 5600XT ?

Thanks in advance.