Server Disconnection

Hi All

Recently my rig has been experiencing sever disconnection issues when playing OW, COD or BF2. All characters will start floating, sinking or walking into walls and I get bunged across the map. 

I thought it was a faulty wifi adaptor (TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900) as my partner has the same one and experiences no disconnection issues. It wouldnt be my internet provider as we share the same network and he has no issue.

We recently put his adaptor in my rig and vice versa and I was surprised to find I still had issues and he didnt with my adaptor.

Is it possible that my motherboard or CPU is bottle necking my internet and forcing it to disconnect? I am leaning towards the CPU as I went cheap with it....

Cheers all! 

GTX1080, 16 GB rddr4 ram, i3 8350k CPU, asus prime z-370

Its more likely that the WiFi reception where you have your PC is flaky, maybe picking up some interference that your partners PC is not.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Your i3 should be fine with those games. Although a bottleneck between CPU and GPU might exist. More than likely, like Alex said it's an interference issue. 

8 hours ago, schizznick said:

Your i3 should be fine with those games. Although a bottleneck between CPU and GPU might exist. More than likely, like Alex said it's an interference issue. 

How can I check to see if this is my issue? I tried over clocking my gpu but it didn't change anything.

9 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its more likely that the WiFi reception where you have your PC is flaky, maybe picking up some interference that your partners PC is not.

We are on the same desk, and have been for several years. It's only the last month that this issue has occurred. 

I will try another position and see if it helps though