An old leptop screen adapter

NystriX
Go to solution Solved by HanZie82,

Nope. This is not even close to the same as HDMI.
This is internal display connection, you would need a display driver(hardware) to put this plug into. And that hardware has to be for precisely that monitor and blablabla.

It IS possible but you would need a lot of info on what screen you have. Like ALL of the info. But you have given none. So goodluck.

What's the name of that input and is there any dongle for him? (preferred it to be HDMI)

IMG_20200212_234301.jpg

IMG_20200212_234331.jpg

IMG_20200212_234323.jpg

PS2 Fat(JP) : PS2 S Silver(EU) : PS3 Super Slim : Nintendo Switch
Wii(x2) : SNES CE : Xbox One : Xbox 360 S(EU) : PS Vita 2000

This is internal display connection, you would need a display driver(hardware) to put this plug into. And that hardware has to be for precisely that monitor and blablabla.

It IS possible but you would need a lot of info on what screen you have. Like ALL of the info. But you have given none. So goodluck.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

You need a driver board to use a laptop screen as a monitor. They are model specific, so you will need the model of the display to find one. They are expensive and the end result is kind of sketchy at best. Better off "recycling" the display and buying a cheap second hand monitor in almost ever scenario. 

10 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

2 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

You need a driver board to use a laptop screen as a monitor. They are model specific, so you will need the model of the display to find one. They are expensive and the end result is kind of sketchy at best. Better off "recycling" the display and buying a cheap second hand monitor in almost ever scenario. 

Welp good luck to me trying getting drivers into a raspberry pi Linux... Better give up on this idea, welp thanks guyz

Just now, NystriX said:

Welp good luck to me trying getting drivers into a raspberry pi Linux... Better give up on this idea, welp thanks guyz

Yeah sorry.
I wish it was different as well, still have like a stack of notebooks with working screens. (took of other parts tho :) )
Could do so much fun stuff with them, if i could get them to work.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah sorry.
I wish it was different as well, still have like a stack of notebooks with working screens. (took of other parts tho :) )
Could do so much fun stuff with them, if i could get them to work.

Yeah well at least i could recycle the HDD and the CD drive... Also the fan with the liquid cooling was useful for cooling the raspberry pi...