Acer, newegg... wtf...

nightmarevoid
1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

Yeah ive never had to deal with that but ive heard a lot of people are upset with it.

I hope amazon never tries that here.

Just wait: they eventually will.

Delivery issues aren't the only problems I've had with Amazon. Repeatedly poorly packed merchandise, resulting in damage, wrong merchandise being sent, often repeatedly, customer service agents that have trouble understanding English and giving conflicting answers, etc. were also problems.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

18 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Yeah ive never had to deal with that but ive heard a lot of people are upset with it.

I hope amazon never tries that here.

Amazon will be rolling that out everywhere eventually. They are trying to cut out UPS, FedEx and USPS here in the states. They want to also roll out One Day delivery.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Repeatedly poorly packed merchandise, resulting in damage, wrong merchandise being sent

I work as a picker/packer for another company. And yes, Amazon packaging needs some work. When I pack a box at the job, I pack it so when UPS drop kicks the fucker across the warehouse it still gets to the cusotmer safely. Amazon uses so little packing material its fucked up. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Amazon will be rolling that out everywhere eventually. They are trying to cut out UPS, FedEx and USPS here in the states. They want to also roll out One Day delivery.

Thankfully my area will be nowhere on their radar anytime soon tbh.

I live in the mountains. My address isnt even on google maps lol

22 hours ago, vukos said:

this is hilarious

I tend to buy quite a lot of refurb products but I've never seen a packaging job this bad

I prefer used and refurb, and this is the first time anything like this has happened to me, and from an oem for that matter.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Update: Acer decided to just refund me, even though I asked for a replacement. It may be for the best. I really do believe in buying used and refurbished from an ecological standpoint, but Acer (and by extension myself) just wasted the time and resources of a monitor two fold with this idiocy. 

Some people seem to be blasting Newegg. I haven't used them recently because they only have marginally better availability than Amazon, and I've heard their CS had taken a hit. That being said, this is NOT newegg's doing. Acer is the one that packaged this product. I just wish Newegg had some kind of information on packaging, or had vetted the product. I thought I'd be getting a monitor in the original packaging.

Taking four bolts off the back of the stand and putting it in a new box couldn't have been that hard or expensive. It's what I do whenever I have to move my monitors by vehicle.

Should I try again? Some people have been getting monitors that look new.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)