Looking for a good entry-level for my first build

Wallaceman105

Hey there, I'm looking for help picking a monitor to get for my first PC build. 

The build is here:

I'm looking for

144hz+

24"

HDMI/Display Port

I'd like to spend less than $200 but I don't know how the price points work for monitors

Thanks to anyone who can help!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

@Stormseeker9

Thanks for the monitor link!

And I appreciate the build advice, I'll take a look at that SSD! I originally opted for the 250gb because I was planning on getting a 1TB hard drive later, but more on the SSD is probably a better plan to start with.

2 minutes ago, Wallaceman105 said:

@Stormseeker9

Thanks for the monitor link!

And I appreciate the build advice, I'll take a look at that SSD! I originally opted for the 250gb because I was planning on getting a 1TB hard drive later, but more on the SSD is probably a better plan to start with.

240 disk you had selected will probably have usuabke after windows 200 or so tops. Drive will also die faster (shorter lifespan). Can definitely recommend a high quality PSU, like the one I linked as well as a 5500XT instead of 580 and running two ram sticks which wil Benefit overall speed as it can’t in in dual channel 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 hours ago, Wallaceman105 said:

Hey there, I'm looking for help picking a monitor to get for my first PC build. 

The build is here:

I'm looking for

144hz+

24"

HDMI/Display Port

I'd like to spend less than $200 but I don't know how the price points work for monitors

Thanks to anyone who can help!

With a budget so restricted your honestly better of at this point in time finding the cheapest possible monitor u can find, regardless of quality.

The long and short of it is, if u find a $150 monitor, and a $250 of similar specs, there will be little to no difference in the quality, they will both be rather poor.

To put it into perspective i recommend people budget at least $300, or equal to the amount spent on their GPU above $300. In the long run spending a good amount on a monitor is worth it as displays tend to last multiple build cycles.

If u dead set on spending ur full budget on something then consider the Acer Nitro VG271. Its 27" , bigger than u want but its right around the $200 range and is really the only option i know thats been tested and reviewed that meets ur requirements for the most part that isnt total crap.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/acer/nitro-vg271

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

You can absolutely get a pretty good monitor below $300.

I have an AOC C24G1- it's 144hz freesync with a VA panel, so not as good as a fancier IPS panel but still looks good. I've loved it so far, especially for only ~$150- there are other options on the market at around the same price that should be fairly similar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 7:53 PM, Grabhanem said:

You can absolutely get a pretty good monitor below $300.

I have an AOC C24G1- it's 144hz freesync with a VA panel, so not as good as a fancier IPS panel but still looks good. I've loved it so far, especially for only ~$150- there are other options on the market at around the same price that should be fairly similar.

Have you got a link where I could find it? That sounds pretty perfect!

On 2/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, Wallaceman105 said:

Have you got a link where I could find it? That sounds pretty perfect!

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-C24G1-Frameless-DisplayPort-Adjustable/dp/B07GD7H18F/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=c24g1&qid=1582747611&sr=8-1