Surface IDLE or Online IDLE

Go to solution Solved by CornOnJacob,

You can use Codecademy Labs, but you will probably need to copy + paste the code (you can't upload a file)

Hey, so I'm new to the world of programming, done a fair bit of HTML and CSS before, but started Python earlier this week and loving it so far. So I've grabbed a book from the library and spending time on it at home as well as at work on my surface. The only thing is, when I'm using my Surface I can't use the Python IDLE like on my desktop. I've tried Python for Metro, but it wont allow me run scripts I write in Code Witter (Saved as .py of course). So is there an online IDLE / Emulator anyone can recommend so I can run my scripts when on my surface in work (My job has a lot of sitting around...).

Thanks guys,

James

You can use Codecademy Labs, but you will probably need to copy + paste the code (you can't upload a file)

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

That's not a problem, thanks!

There is an IDE called wing that has a built in python interpreter. really simple code execution (like pressing a button to run your script). and a decent (not really, but its there if your desperate) debugger.

It was recommended in my intro cs class, but frankly I would not bother actually writing any code in it. the ide itself is terrible. Just use a nice text editor, add in a bunch of python plugins, to write code. then open wing and load the code for execution.