gigabyte 780 OC vs gigabyte 780 GHZ

k0enf0rNL

is it worth it to get the ghz when i will be overclocking them both? will i get better performance on the GHZ version?

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

is it worth it to get the ghz when i will be overclocking them both? will i get better performance on the GHZ version?

both are good for overclocking the ghz just has a large over clock though 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

both are good for overclocking the ghz just has a large over clock though 

which one do you recommend?

current rig (march 2023)

case: Corsair obsidian 750D   mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming   cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x   cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240   memory: G.skill 32GB DDR4-3000   gpu: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3  PSU: seasonic X-series 850W

Whichever is cheaper.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

GHZ edition for crazy oc but if you have a tighter budget go with the OC edition and you will be fine 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

GHZ edition for crazy oc but if you have a tighter budget go with the OC edition and you will be fine 

thanks ;) difference is not much is it?

current rig (march 2023)

thanks ;) difference is not much is it?

they will pretty much preform the same only difference will be a few frames depending on your over clock  

Specs

they will pretty much preform the same only difference will be a few frames depending on your over clock  

then i will go with the OC version because its €30,- cheaper

current rig (march 2023)