Why Do People Hack In Computer Games?

MzCatieB

why do people hack in computer games, there is no point in doing it.

i am getting really sick of logging in for a single match of cod and getting bombarded with wall-hackers and aimbots.

i mean i understand level modding and stuff, not every1 likes leveling systems set by the people who make the games, but stuff that overall screws over other players kill games.

most people wont say this but the player standards have dropped dramatically over the past few years.

whats your opinions on hackers in games?

Character artist in the Games industry.

because they can not stand to lose, which I do not understand either, I really don't see how it could be any fun cheating all the time is fun, don't they want a challenge  at all.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

There just a bunch or loners having fun doing something that they beleive only they know about. Iv tried it once and it was very very lame and boring. It felt like a slap to the face on what i can actually do

What can I say. I am too frustrated from people hacking in games. I can say from experience, from my younger years (10-13) being ripped apart in games made me look for hacks. Now I only play fair and look down upon people who don't. The PC platform is open and with this openness we suffer from hackers. The consoles on the other hand is controlled by Sony or Microsoft and they can prevent and ban whole consoles at a time.

iv gone to tournaments and played against people like dignitas, reason and g3, all of which only like hackers for practice. overall though there game style makes hackers look crap, i mean Diablo from reason plays so well it looks like he is wall-hacking most the time. and there are people in dignitas who never get anything other than head shots and have a 96% rating on there accuracy.

What can I say. I am too frustrated from people hacking in games. I can say from experience, from my younger years (10-13) being ripped apart in games made me look for hacks. Now I only play fair and look down upon people who don't. The PC platform is open and with this openness we suffer from hackers. The consoles on the other hand is controlled by Sony or Microsoft and they can prevent and ban whole consoles at a time.

consoles are getting hackers start on them aswell, with microsoft moving towards a win8 style os now its only going to become easier.

when i make a game and release it, i am planning on having 0 tolerance towards hackers

The way I handle this is by playing on good servers. If you find a good server in BF3 you will rarely ever see a hacker, and if you do they will get kicked very quickly. Plus, some games have pretty good anti cheat systems. I've played 200 hours of TF2 and can honestly say I've never ran into a hacker (at least I haven't noticed a hacker). It's because I only play on servers that have good kicking systems and server admins moderating.

I technically did this in Arma2 Dayz Mod

It got to the point that you needed to load some form of anti hack to be able to survive for more than an hour.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

They are young and suck at fps games, also keep in mind i know a few people who yell non stop hacker bla bla.... when its just some one better then them. I only noticed like 4 hackers in 300hours of Battlefield 3.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

To some people, winning is more important than an actual challenge or competitiveness. 

Others are just jerks. 

They are young and suck at fps games, also keep in mind i know a few people who yell non stop hacker bla bla.... when its just some one better then them. I only noticed like 4 hackers in 300hours of Battlefield 3.

bf3 and hawken are the only 2 games which i play that i know don't have hacker.... or very many of them.

also i can tell the difference more or less straight away when sumone is hacking or not, most people don't move when u come in to view and aim straight at your head in a blink, there is some levels of latency to the human brain its expected an noticeable when someone is hacking... in most cases

To answerr question: because they are lazy. Usually cheaters can't play or don't want do it hard way and learning tricks. In newer Cods and BFs element of achievements is also important. Those lazy ***** just don't want to spare several hundreds of hour just to get some medals etc.

Real problem with cheaters isn't that they do use hacks. It's reputation they give to honest players who just are good. Since it's so easy to get cheats that PB or other ACs can't spot, every players who is better than you is cheater. For example me. I used to play BF3 in team. So I have some extra skills beyond basic players. Every time I manage to get K/D ration over 2, I use cheats. According to other players ofc. I've also seen good players get whined about using cheats while they are just playing very well. I can in most cases tell difference. But there are some aspects in game, ie. BF3, which make it hard to tell if some1 is using something more effective than mouse and keyboard.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I technically did this in Arma2 Dayz Mod

It got to the point that you needed to load some form of anti hack to be able to survive for more than an hour.

If you join a "whitelist" server then you will have no issues of hackers killing your DayZ game pleasure. The DayZ standalone version will be out soon (I think around end of June), this will sort out most of the Hacking issues.

If you join a "whitelist" server then you will have no issues of hackers killing your DayZ game pleasure. The DayZ standalone version will be out soon (I think around end of June), this will sort out most of the Hacking issues.

The only white-list server i ever found here in AU was AUSARMA and when they became white-listed, they got barely any users, I'd rather have to deal with hackers and have the threat and risk of player interaction to being safe from both.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

A friend of mine did it because he got bored of the game, he played call of duty non-stop and was pretty good. But the fun died after a while and he went and looked to create fun for himself, Hacks were the easy option.

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

I only like it when its for singleplayer or with multiplayer it benefits the entire game lobby, like when i played gta 4 the ballad of gay tony on xbox, there would be skylifts, sultan rs', choppers, cars with neons, ect ect but now all they do is freeze the game or set you on fire .-.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hacking ruins games, try playing on a minecraft PVP server it's shocking how many people know how to glitch through blocks and duplicate items etc; I assume the reason why they do this is because they suck at the game and think it's funny to troll the people that are trying to win legit.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I do admit I occasionally hack in games. The reason I do that is because I like pissed off people.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Hacking is an addiction. Anyone who has ever hacked will know what I mean. If he doesn't, he is in denial. I was hacking on CS:S for years, I know what it's like and I have played against hackers in any possible game probably. There is a lot to say about this topic but I won't post a WOT now.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I hack mainly because it's fun.

I always start legit but when the game gets boring or there are other hackers, I join in.

Like Esivo said, it's sort of an addiction; once you get that amazing advantage it feels awesome. 

If there are no hacks in the game then sure, I won't hack and will play legit like LoL (though there are hacks for that but they are mediocre) 

Good Morning...

The thing is how many people do you think are "hacking" are actually hacking and may just be relatively good at the game? I get accused of hacking all the time in COD just because people don't understand the basics of the game and or don't have as much experience in the game as I do. 

BD2YhGECQAA5yCX.png 

This is just from a few hours of playing Black ops 2. I honestly don't see many cheaters on BO2 and the people that are get banned pretty quick.  

There are many types of "hacking" most people you see using hacks, are using scripts and had nothing to do with creating them.

Hacking can be very lucrative if you have the skills and ability to keep your hacks up to date.

Creating hacks then selling them to the community to give unfair advantage to people will never stop. As long as people always want an advantage and are willing to pay for it.

If the game has an economy, using hacks can bring in a profit as a gold farmer.

I could get into a whole heated debate about hacking but I wont as it's not needed on this forum.

I am not a fan of malicious hacking in multiplayer games. However the freedom and ability to play anyway in offline/single player is expected.

There are multiple reasons and mindsets behind hack creators, sellers, buyers, and leeching script kiddies. You could ask the same question about why people commit crimes such as robbery and get similar answers.

Hacking has created it's own behind the gaming scene economy supporting hackers who sell, and anti hack developers who are hired by the game developers. It will never end as long as there is money to be made.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.