AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

Personally I dont think its worth it.

Maybe if you have no way of getting tot he store to get groceries. but if you can go to the store just buy the food and make it yourself.

Its cheaper and you get to pick exactly what you want.

Cooking is easy. You can go on youtube and get step by step instructions.

18 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

What is your thought on this service?

If the choice is between a service like Hello Fresh, or you literally just ordering takeout/delivery? Yes, probably.

But it's definitely going to be cheaper to buy your own groceries and cook meals that way instead of ordering meal kits. It comes down to your forethought and preparedness. Meal kits are good for people who have a hard time planning out meals or cooking on the fly and need a structured system.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

If the choice is between a service like Hello Fresh, or you literally just ordering takeout/delivery? Yes, probably.

But it's definitely going to be cheaper to buy your own groceries and cook meals that way instead of ordering meal kits. It comes down to your forethought and preparedness. Meal kits are good for people who have a hard time planning out meals or cooking on the fly and need a structured system.

How does it work? Does it have a subscription plan? Weekly of new ingredients?

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

11 minutes ago, The Great Kamek said:

Disclaimer: I've never used any of these services, but I have a well enough basic understanding of them.

It's a subscription plan, but I believe in most of them, you can buy one-off meals without recurring. You can also usually skip/suspend without any issues.

You pick your plan (however many meals per week, etc) and within the plan, you pick a variety of recipes. Each recipe will generally come with everything required, along with instructions. You can change your recipe selections whenever you want (eg: if every week you wanted to manually go in and change your selections, you can do that).

They change up their menu, but I cannot say to what frequency.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, The Great Kamek said:

Its a subscription plan. iirc the lowest plan has an upfront cost of roughly $60. thats 3 meals for 3 weeks. unless they changed something you cant just sign up and pay for a week of meals.

very good.

19 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

I cant say I used Hello Fresh, but I did use a similar service called Good Food.

I had a subscription that would give me 4 meals per week, two servings per recipe. (dinner for the night, lunch for the next day). I live in Canada, and this service cost me about $90 Canadian dollars per week. The subscription could be cancelled at any time.

I will tell you in all gods honesty, it was some of the best food I cooked for myself. There were things I made I never thought I would enjoy, and ended up enjoying everything very much. Recipes change weekly, and there is good variety in the options.

I did however end up cancelling my subscription. I used to live in a very small town with one store/diner/fuel station and the prices for the food was exorbitant. At the time, the service was the way to go for sure. But now that I live back in my home town, I am just about a block away from the grocery store and can get my produce and meats etc for cheaper.

I think its a very subjective topic, and it matters a great deal based on your location, food budget, distance from grocery stores and the cost in your area for said groceries.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Laziness costs money.

Dont be lazy and go to the grocery store on a full stomach and buy your groceries.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, greenmax said:

Laziness costs money.

Dont be lazy and go to the grocery store on a full stomach and buy your groceries.

On second  thought, I will cancel the plan and start looking over on what recipes they have for me to cook easily. 

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD