AM4-Cooler on FM2/FM2+ Board

Wooden_Jelly72

So, I wanted to build a secondary PC for hometheatre and a bit of gaming. I found that I still have a AMD A10 7870k with a fiting motherboard and RAM lying around, but the cooler had no RGB and thats unacceptional. So could I mount the AMD stock cooler to a FM2+ board?

From this topic

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7b5vds/can_i_mount_the_wraith_spire_rgb_cooler_on_the/

I think the AMD rep thought you were referring to the Wraith Max RGB, which is compatible with the older sockets.

The screw holes on AM3/FM2 and AM4 are not the same.

So you can use the wraith max or prism which hooks onto the plastic clips, but not the wraith spire or stealth.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Ohhh I have one of these for parent.  I went with a Silverstone argon cooler.   The fan makes a racket though with 4.2 GHz overclocked cpu.  ..  perhaps you're better off with something less noisy or  different fan.  But you want rgb anyway.  Can you just add an rgb fan to the cooler of your choice.  But it has to be a standalone rgb system because I'm sure there can't be many fm2/fm2+ mobos with rbg headers ..

15 minutes ago, Matacks said:

Ohhh I have one of these for parent.  I went with a Silverstone argon cooler.   The fan makes a racket though with 4.2 GHz overclocked cpu.  ..  perhaps you're better off with something less noisy or  different fan.  But you want rgb anyway.

Noise wont be a problem, the PC would be like 6 meter away from me.