BEST LAPTOPS: any laptops better than ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA or Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-78VL

BEST LAPTOPS: any laptops better than ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA or Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-78VL

ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA

→ https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-laptop-under-500/#if-you-need-windows-asus-vivobook-flip-14

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-78VL

→ https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-budget-gaming-laptop-so-far/

there was a chance to build a complete mini pc

1) that cost less than either of these

2) or was better than either with the same price/cost

so since nobody was given the chance to build any good mini pcs (if that was even possible), gonna move to just focusing on laptops

there are other laptops

→ https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/best-laptops-1

• but seems to have low ram
  • and cost extremely excessive of the ram amount they have

are there any laptops that better than either

1) ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA

2) or Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-78VL

and cost/priced similiarly?

an ideal laptop  as an example would come with 32ram and is good in all the basic ways any good laptop are

and would cost the least (like 200-300 for example)

the laptop that is closest to this ideal is the best laptop

anyone here knows which laptop comes closest to this?

PART II.

good res, large screen size, ideally near 1:1 display ratio, and good ppi would be the next filter/criteria:

“Best” and “better” are frequently useless comparisons.  Especially when the definitions are not even defined.

Edited by Bombastinator
Ihateautocorrect

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Are you looking for a new laptop? If so I suggest you make a topic asking for suggestions on that, explain what your use case is and name your budget - rather than posting multiple topics close to each other asking for extremely specific opinions and trying to piece together a recommendation from those.

If you're posting these topics as aimless hypotheticals... just stop. It's a waste of time. It's almost never as easy as "thing A is better than thing B" and even if it were I don't see the point of asking all possible "thing A vs thing B" topics at intervals of half an hour.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, laptopsbetterthanbuilding said:

so since nobody was given the chance to build any good mini pcs (if that was even possible), gonna move to just focusing on laptops

You literally gave us no information other than the ram amount you wanted, and some BS about analysis, reviews, and testing... How are we supposed to recommend you a laptop/mini pc when all you give us is the amount of ram you want and refuse to tell us what the computer will be used for, your budget (I see now that you have finally told us a dollar amount), and country? You're acting like we're dumb for not recommending you anything, but you won't answer any of the simple questions we need to know to recommend you a laptop/mini pc.

7 hours ago, laptopsbetterthanbuilding said:

an ideal laptop  as an example would come with 32ram and is good in all the basic ways any good laptop are

and would cost the least (like 200-300 for example)

And again with the most vague request ever, just the ram amount, and good in the basic ways of any good laptop? You've gotta be joking.

You're budget is $200 to $300? You're not going to get anything new that's for sure(unless you went for a Chromebook), go for a refurbished HP Elitebook and just be done with it. You still haven't said what you need it for or where you live so who knows if it will work for your uses or if it's available where you live, but with your budget I don't think you'll find anything better.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-840-G1-Professional-Refurbished/dp/B07C1HV2V1/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=hp+elitebook&qid=1581356285&sr=8-7

Edited by wkdpaul

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

when we 'zoom out' on chrome 

that means what are doing is showing more info on the screen

so there is more info on the screen

so ppi would be higher

so that means target effective ppi is >106

and not <160 as i had mistakenly thought in the discussion:

so this topic of target effective seems pretty much done atm

unless any new + helpful info

so now we know what effective ppi to look for in the best laptop

and to help narrow down the best laptop options

7 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

budget

if you need a budget that is already given in the op

the price of the 2 items is already listed right there in the links that is already given

im not sure why you're asking about budget when the price is already in op

maybe there's a miscommunication but it's already said right in op already so i dont get why ppl that knows about laptops couldnt suggest good laptops that are better:

"are there any laptops that better than either

1) ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA

2) or Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52-78VL

and cost/priced similiarly?"

7 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Elitebook 

so this recommendation fits so not sure what the confusion is about since it seems you already know what the op asked for, so im confuse why you're talking about 'budget' and random other stuff that is irrelevant to what is already asked very clearly in op

also in the initial post asking for good laptop recommendation, there was nothing and yet other actually good sites has a list of tested and good laptops

so maybe the problem is that nobody here actually knows about laptops 

and that this is actually a hardware site/forum?

so that's why a laptop site actually has answers and a forum like this doesnt 

i guess that's prob the best answer to what's going on here as to why there's absolutely no good answers for laptops?

well im gonna continue looking at other sites with actual helpful info

and ill check reviews for this 

HP Elitebook 840 G1

thing, it has the 16 ram

so looks like its upgradable to 16g only, prefer if it was 32 as already said in op, etc.

https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-elitebook-840-g1-14-core-i5-4200u-8-gb-ram-180-gb-ssd-f9y25upaba/

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1362453-REG/hp_mb_hp_840g1_r015_840_g1_r015_refurbished_i5_4200u.html

im gonna look into reviews of this 

HP Elitebook 840 G1

thing and see if its actually any good

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-EliteBook-840-G1-H5G28ET-Ultrabook.114717.0.html

since user that recommend it doesnt know how to link to proof that its actually good

so that the op can actually see its actually a valid / good recommednations from random users that we dont even know if they know anything about laptops ?

so this recommendation fits so not sure what the confusion is about since it seems you already know what the op asked for, so im confuse why you're talking about 'budget' and random other stuff that is irrelevant to what is already asked very clearly in op

i made 1 post about laptop recommendation and users here couldnt even do that

they just started complaining about mini pcs in which they werent even able to build

and then you have a site that has good recommendations on laptops, so if other ppl can do it, i dont get why ppl here cant do that simple thing but w/e

Edited by SansVarnic
merged posts