Upgrading All in One HP Desktop from 2008

Hello friends, long time fan of LTT yet first time on the forum. Over a decade ago my family purchased an HP Touchsmart 300-1017 on QVC. It was 2008ish and we needed a new computer, touchscreens were new and cool and this has nothing to do with why I'm posting. I would love to be able to upgrade this computer to something modern, I like the form factor and just the way it look plus its nice to have a pc that is just different from all the others. Too the meat of the post

All of this Information seams to be accurate https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-TouchSmart-300-1000-Desktop-PC-series/4002827/document/c01909251/ .

My real questions are can i upgrade the motherboard/is it possible to find a custom form factor board with a AM4 Socket and If i keep the current board should i upgrade the cpu off of the recommendations in the link above or would i be able to use any cpu as long as its the correct socket and chipset for the current motherboard. 

I hope this all makes sense and I'm looking forward to any help yall may be able to give!

Cpu upgrade wise it seems there is a hard 45w limit. So any am3 cpu (not am3+) that is 45w or less should technically work.

Ram wise 8gb is the max supposedly but as hp states this has not been tested.

The hdd is easy to swap out.

But that's it and simply put not worth it.

Costum am4? Possible yes....? Should you? No.

The best upgrade you could probably do is add more RAM and an SSD. Anything more, and it becomes a better idea to just get a new PC.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

That's a very old system.

It got a custom board format, i don't think you can replace it.

The best you can do is upgrade to a 4 core athlon listed.

Memory are DDR3 SODIMM (laptop memory), you'll want at least 8gb.

Replace the HDD with a SSD. 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w