Msi rx480 and retail plus ps600

I just installed an msi rx480 gaming x gpu and a retail plus ps600w psu.. tried to play resident evil 2 remake and it lasted 2 minutes before it reset the pc. Tried again and it lasted only a couple of seconds just in the main title screen. Pc runs fine watching movies and other tasks. 

Try DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and reinstall AMD software.

I would suspect that the PSU you have is not capable of powering that card as it is clearly a cheap unit. Consider finding an 80 plus rated PSU its a good general indicator for quality.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Strix x470F Ram: G.skill Trident Z RGB 16GB GPU: Powercolor RX5700XT Red Devil 8GB Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L RGB Case: NZXT H500i Storage: 500GB NVMe SSD 3TB Spinning Rust PSU: EVGA 650w B2

Maybe bad drivers? Also, that's probably a bad psu.

Try turning down the settings if the issue continues.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

1 hour ago, Rcoultz29 said:

I just installed an msi rx480 gaming x gpu and a retail plus ps600w psu.. tried to play resident evil 2 remake and it lasted 2 minutes before it reset the pc. Tried again and it lasted only a couple of seconds just in the main title screen. Pc runs fine watching movies and other tasks. 

Did you buy that PSU recently (2nd hand?) or was it one that you had from and older system already?
I'm not familiar with the power supply, and all I can find for it is this old Amazon listing. It's not even listed on the "Retail Plus" website. https://www.amazon.ca/Retail-Plus-PS60-600W-limited-warranty/dp/B00PG7ZL7E

If that is the power supply you have it is very old and should not be used. You should buy a new power supply for your system.

If that's not the power supply you have, can you please take a photo of the power supply label.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

17 hours ago, Spotty said:

Did you buy that PSU recently (2nd hand?) or was it one that you had from and older system already?
I'm not familiar with the power supply, and all I can find for it is this old Amazon listing. It's not even listed on the "Retail Plus" website. https://www.amazon.ca/Retail-Plus-PS60-600W-limited-warranty/dp/B00PG7ZL7E

If that is the power supply you have it is very old and should not be used. You should buy a new power supply for your system.

If that's not the power supply you have, can you please take a photo of the power supply label.

Yea that’s the psu...I dialed down the graphics in games and it runs now..so clearly when the gpu draws too much power the pay can’t hadle it. I’m currently looking for a new one on amazon. Thanks guys

20 hours ago, Rcoultz29 said:

I was having the same issue for the past 3 months.

Turns out that my PSU was faulty So i replaced it and it is working flawlessly now.

P.S The unit you mentioned seems pretty old.