Bottleneck concern

ViciousViper175

I have a ryzen 7 2700x, 2x16 CL18 RAM, 5 tb 5400 rpm hard drive, & an NVME gen 3 1tb ssd.  I was thinking of treating myself to the 2080 ti.  Would my CPU be a bottleneck?

7 minutes ago, Chen G said:

bottleneck in which game?

Borderlands 3, Just Cause 3, Control, and other stuff at that level of demand.  1440p ultra quality and max ray tracing if allowed by the game.

Just now, ViciousViper175 said:

Borderlands 3, Just Cause 3, Control, and other stuff at that level of demand.  1440p ultra quality and max ray tracing if allowed by the game.

No

5 minutes ago, ViciousViper175 said:

Ok good, thanks.  I probably sound weird for having a 2700x with a 2080 ti

How is that weird? I was running a much weaker CPU with a 2080ti for quit a while, and I'm still not using anything significantly better than the 2700x. Things like 9900k is almost useless until you can get 144hz+ Or maybe you like sim games or something, even then it's not that much faster.

Well most people don't know how to build they just use popular parts and put them together.

1 minute ago, Chen G said:

How is that weird? I was running a much weaker CPU with a 2080ti for quit a while, and I'm still not using anything significantly better than the 2700x.

Well most people don't know how to build they just use popular parts and put them together.

I was just thinking it would sound weird due the fact that the 2080 ti is so good compared to something like a 2700x that the performance gap might sound quite odd especially because of pricing.

Bottlenecking will always and forever be determined by the games you play, not your hardware. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒