As the title said, I need some information about the position of the distribution plates (customer water cooling). I'm currently working on my custom distribution plate which it will be placed below the HDD Cage. (HDD Cage will be removed) In additional the distribution plate will be positioned in horizontal which makes me a bit worried about the water flow since it would be rises up to radiator. (Incomplete)

Hope you could give some advise. 

image.thumb.png.c6f52662a601f8a69ff827b78e4419a9.png

6 hours ago, Aki V. said:

As the title said, I need some information about the position of the distribution plates (customer water cooling). I'm currently working on my custom distribution plate which it will be placed below the HDD Cage. (HDD Cage will be removed) In additional the distribution plate will be positioned in horizontal which makes me a bit worried about the water flow since it would be rises up to radiator. (Incomplete)

Hope you could give some advise. 

Horizontal distro plates aren't an issue if that is what you are worried about. What case is this going in and it's specific application that it will it be implemented?

On 2/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, W-L said:

Horizontal distro plates aren't an issue if that is what you are worried about. What case is this going in and it's specific application that it will it be implemented?

It is going in the PSU Shroud of Meshify C (with RGB) and it will serve as my main reservoir. Here's a complete image of the Blueprint. If you have feedback or something to add-on that would be great. 

Meshify C - PSU Shroud Distro Plate.JPG

2 hours ago, Aki V. said:

It is going in the PSU Shroud of Meshify C (with RGB) and it will serve as my main reservoir. Here's a complete image of the Blueprint. If you have feedback or something to add-on that would be great. 

That looks pretty good to me. Being that is is flat bleeding the loop might be a little difficult since the bubbles don't have a way to easily rise up, you could assemble the loop assuming this is hardline and orient the case so the fill port faces up to help during filling. 

From the render it looks like it will be horizontal with the pump will be face down and on top of the block? Having it in that orientation is not recommended however I have seen bay units with face down pump mounts. They have a setup where the waterline is higher than the bearing so it constantly is submerged even when the pump is off to ensure it never has the chance to run dry espically during startup. That might a bit difficult since it's a relatively thin in a distro plate but if possible you could create a lowered sump area or ideally have the pump setup on the bottom side instead.

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

That looks pretty good to me. Being that is is flat bleeding the loop might be a little difficult since the bubbles don't have a way to easily rise up, you could assemble the loop assuming this is hardline and orient the case so the fill port faces up to help during filling. 

From the render it looks like it will be horizontal with the pump will be face down and on top of the block? Having it in that orientation is not recommended however I have seen bay units with face down pump mounts. They have a setup where the waterline is higher than the bearing so it constantly is submerged even when the pump is off to ensure it never has the chance to run dry espically during startup. That might a bit difficult since it's a relatively thin in a distro plate but if possible you could create a lowered sump area or ideally have the pump setup on the bottom side instead.

That's an awesome feedback. I'll be doing a complete hard line tubing near future which is going to be 14" tubing. Anyway. thickness is quite large since it is going to be 2.5cm / 25mm and other the specs on this are listed below.

Specs:
Dimension: 147mm x 162mm x 25mm
Inside Depth: 12.5mm
Specs: 2mm to 2.2mm
O-Rings Screws: M4.07 x 17mm Flat Head
Top Plate: 10mm Acrylic
Bottom Plate: 15mm Acrylic

Pump: EK-DDC 3.2 PWM (12V PWM pump) (Maximum of 1L/H)

38 minutes ago, Aki V. said:

-SNIP-

That should be enough thickness but at 15mm may push the limit of a G1/4 threaded hole. 

One thing I do notice is the inlet for the pump, ideally you want to have a channel that goes into the center of the impeller and the outlet to be tangential to the outside wall to push the water out as effectively as possible while still being in the same plane. it looks like the outlet is currently in a lower portion currently which will work but just be an extra turn it will need to take before exiting the block losing some efficiency. This is mostly just based on what I see on the market but if you have the option to do a fluid analysis with your CAD software that may say otherwise. 

Here is a good example of a dual series pump setup where it shows the flow path:

Image result for ddc pump top"

Thanks for more feedback. I did notice some issues with the measurements and a missing o-rings and what I did is recreated the reservoir. I also took your advice and made some changes from the Inlet Port instead on the side. I'll tweak some of the measurements after Fractal Design response back to my message.

Here are the images of the 2.0. Photo is in order.

As I always ask, more feedback is greatly appreciated.

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate).JPG

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate) 5.JPG

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate) 4.JPG

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate) 3.JPG

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate) 1.JPG

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate) 2.JPG

6 hours ago, Aki V. said:

Thanks for more feedback. I did notice some issues with the measurements and a missing o-rings and what I did is recreated the reservoir. I also took your advice and made some changes from the Inlet Port instead on the side. I'll tweak some of the measurements after Fractal Design response back to my message.

Here are the images of the 2.0. Photo is in order.

As I always ask, more feedback is greatly appreciated.

Looks pretty slick to me, for the pump area you may want to check the mounting holes and oring seal location for the pump since those threaded holes look really close to the edge of that cavity from comparing other pump tops for the DDC. 

When you do get this made up post some photos would love to see the end result! :) 

Image result for ddc pump top

I checked the outlet cavity and the pump mounting screw holes and the clearance is 2.5mm which is quite safe to say. I'll try to recreate it again as v3.0 with minor changes fluid outlet. I'll also tweak the RGB slot for this pump.

Alright, I've recreated this with the correct corner size and mounting holes that is out of the way. Also, integrated it with proper RGB slot. I couldn't recreate the same thing, but was able to recreate the top from other brand (Bykski / EKWB). Quite difficult to be honest when processing this v3.0.

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate v3.0).JPG

Meshify C (PSU Distro Plate v3.0) 1.JPG

Capture 1.JPG