Rgb fan hub troubles

Light_Whight

So I bought this really nice CIT Raider pc case and it came with 4 rgb fans and a rainbow 5P fan hub. I want to connect the fan hub to my motherboard (asus prime b-450m-a) but it comes with a 3pin rgb cable for aura sync and my motherboard only has a 4 pin rgb header. So is there any way I could connect these fans to my motherboard or swap out the fan hub for another compatible one. The fans are 5 pin +12v gnd gnd data +5v. Pictured is; the controller, 5 pin fan cable, 3pin aura sync cable that is attached to the 6 pin header (red) and a sata power cable.

15807369139855729620406384256607.jpg

15807370388702984950138473446909.jpg

Don’t know if this will help or not, but my memory of the 5pin stuff is it’s 4 pin rgb with one more pin for white.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, Bombastinator said:

Don’t know if this will help or not, but my memory of the 5pin stuff is it’s 4 pin rgb with one more pin for white.

So I could technically plug them into a 4 pin fan hub but just loose white

• 9 months later...

Hi, The 3 pin cable goes to A-RGB port on your MOBO.

I'm having hard times finding this cable online. Where can I get one? mine got broken.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:50 AM, Light_Whight said:

So I could technically plug them into a 4 pin fan hub but just loose white

I doubt that.  they’ve likely messed with pin locations and possibly other things.  I get the impression The companies have been trying hard to make things as proprietary as possible and dissuade the possibility of adaptors. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.