RGB fans not connecting to RGB header.

honeytrail429
Go to solution Solved by honeytrail429,
3 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

First picture is a molex connector, it connects directly to PSU.

2nd picture is probably a connector for fan control, but I'm not sure. Every RGB fan requires its own proprietary control unit. I assume your case should have build in controller for those fans?

I figured it out. I had to pluig the reset cable into that small one in the 2nd picture that i didnt know the purpose of. Thanks for your help!

So i recently built my first pc and bought a case that came with RGB fans installed (DarkFlash Water Square 5 ATX) and also a ASUS Prime Z370-A II MOBO. I see plenty of 4 pins connectors on my motherboard but the fans are chained together and the end of the cable doesnt fit inside the 4 pin headers. Im assuming theres some kind of adapter or some easy fix im missing but im new to the pc thing and any help would be appreciated. There is also a smaller short cable attatched somewhere at the top of the case around the IO and Top fan. Dont know where it goes or what it does. 

IMG_0376[1].JPG

IMG_0377[1].JPG

2nd picture is probably a connector for fan control, but I'm not sure. Every RGB fan requires its own proprietary control unit. I assume your case should have build in controller for those fans?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

The case has a button that is advertised to cycle through the modes but when i press it it just restarts my pc. There are also the controls connecting to the fans i believe. 

IMG_0378[1].JPG

3 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I figured it out. I had to pluig the reset cable into that small one in the 2nd picture that i didnt know the purpose of. Thanks for your help!