rx 570 87c

Ls9L

so i ran a 1080p stress test on my gpu for 1 minute and my gpu hit 87c and it kept going up so i instantly stopped it because the max temp for my gpu is 74c is there any chance i just damaged my gpu at all ?? and should'nt it turn its self off when it gets that hot ??Capture1.thumb.PNG.0c9ef9d9aa9aa5b94e1fdf408c033897.PNGCapture.thumb.PNG.eac1d4d31924920ac377d6c1515858d0.PNG

Tjmax for processors, the temperature that the part will determine it needs to throttle, tends to be closer to 100-110, depending on the part.

For context, I run my workstation at full bore, and it constantly hits 90-98 degrees with no ill effect. The part will be uselessly slow by the time heat kills it. My primary file server's BMC is currently at 69 degrees (nice), and it considers the critical temperature to be 115 degrees.

However, the storage controller for one of my SSDs doesn't like to be run hotter than 50 degrees, and it warns when it reaches that temperature. Some of my other SSDs tend to run warmer.

Tl;dr: don't worry, it's normal.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

3 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

Tjmax for processors, the temperature that the part will determine it needs to throttle, tends to be closer to 100-110, depending on the part.

For context, I run my workstation at full bore, and it constantly hits 90-98 degrees with no ill effect. The part will be uselessly slow by the time heat kills it. My primary file server's BMC is currently at 69 degrees (nice), and it considers the critical temperature to be 115 degrees.

However, the storage controller for one of my SSDs doesn't like to be run hotter than 50 degrees, and it warns when it reaches that temperature. Some of my other SSDs tend to run warmer.

Tl;dr: don't worry, it's normal.

how do i know what my system considers critical tempertures and could i run the test again and just let it keep going and see what happens lmaoo

You can look up the Tjmax for most parts with a little bit of Googling.

Examples, so you can see how diffferent parts have different requirements:

• Intel Core i9-10980XE: 86°C
  • Intel Core i7-4790K: 74.04°C
  • Intel Xeon Bronze 3204: 77°C
  • Intel Xeon Platinum 8284: 65°C
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: 85°C
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060: 94°C
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super: 89°C

All modern microprocessors are smart enough to figure out when they're frying up.

6 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

You can look up the Tjmax for most parts with a little bit of Googling.

Examples, so you can see how diffferent parts have different requirements:

• Intel Core i9-10980XE: 86°C
  • Intel Core i7-4790K: 74.04°C
  • Intel Xeon Bronze 3204: 77°C
  • Intel Xeon Platinum 8284: 65°C
  • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: 85°C
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060: 94°C
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super: 89°C

All modern microprocessors are smart enough to figure out when they're frying up.

you didnt answer my other question -__-   "could i run the test again and just let it keep going and see what happens lmaoo"

I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of running it again. Are you overclocking, or is it just a new part? Could you elaborate?

Just now, kimsejin5 said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of running it again. Are you overclocking, or is it just a new part? Could you elaborate?

new part ish 2 weeks old but i just want to see what happens but im kinda scared im going to fry it 

If you fry it from running an ordinary load on it (i.e., running a stress test), then the part's defective, and you should get a refund or replacement under the manufacturer's warranty. I've never heard of anyone frying a modern part by stress testing it at stock. Now, if you shove 5v through the part, of course it's going to fry, but you really have to try to do that. It'll be unstable before you ever get to that point.

Cheers

1 minute ago, kimsejin5 said:

If you fry it from running an ordinary load on it (i.e., running a stress test), then the part's defective, and you should get a refund or replacement under the manufacturer's warranty. I've never heard of anyone frying a modern part by stress testing it at stock. Now, if you shove 5v through the part, of course it's going to fry, but you really have to try to do that. It'll be unstable before you ever get to that point.

Cheers

yeah well my screen is flickering now so r.i.p 

It (unfortunately) probably means that the part's defective, or DOA. Your card's manufacturer should honor your warranty. Contact EVGA, Gigabyte, Asus, or whoever made your graphics card and ask for an RMA number.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any other questions!

I think you're overreacting a bit. It can not have been damaged at 74c, such a temperature is actually very normal for a GPU. It will only shut itself off when it hits 100c, I know this looks close but it definitely won't reach that. You schould still replace the thermal paste on your GPU though

increase fan curve

problem solved

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x