CX450 for RTX2060 or GTX1660TI?

Hello, I am planning on purchasing a gtx1660ti or an rtx2060 to replace my gtx1050. My system also contains these specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
16GB 3200mhz RAM
B450m-a

I have found a 1660TI mini EVGA and an RTX2060 mini EVGA (has to be mini for my case size) for the same price of £260. However my limit is my CX450 PSU. I used a wattage calculator and I average at 339 WATTS with the RTX2060 however people say its extremely innacurate. Others say the minimum requirements (in this case, the RTX2060 is 500w) is exaggerated. I have no idea whether I should risk it and buy the 2060 and experience issues or buy the 1660ti without stress. FYI i will be playing at 1080p@60 at highest settings but i may use RTX for 2 games. However for many reasons, i will not buy a new psu. Please don't go in depth about the PSU and not come up with an answer. Finally, I dont have rgb, and i will not overclock. I use 1 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD if that helps. Thanks in advance.

CX 450 is fine for your setup including RTX2060. Nothing to worry about.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

3 minutes ago, Ceriumin said:

Hello, I am planning on purchasing a gtx1660ti or an rtx2060 to replace my gtx1050. My system also contains these specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
16GB 3200mhz RAM
B450m-a

I have found a 1660TI mini EVGA and an RTX2060 mini EVGA (has to be mini for my case size) for the same price of £260. However my limit is my CX450 PSU. I used a wattage calculator and I average at 339 WATTS with the RTX2060 however people say its extremely innacurate. Others say the minimum requirements (in this case, the RTX2060 is 500w) is exaggerated. I have no idea whether I should risk it and buy the 2060 and experience issues or buy the 1660ti without stress. FYI i will be playing at 1080p@60 at highest settings but i may use RTX for 2 games. However for many reasons, i will not buy a new psu. Please don't go in depth about the PSU and not come up with an answer. Finally, I dont have rgb, and i will not overclock. I use 1 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD if that helps. Thanks in advance.

450W is plenty for the R5 2600 and RTX 2060, your whole system would hit around 300W under full load (including fans/motherboard/storage), I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

15 minutes ago, Ceriumin said:

. I used a wattage calculator and I average at 339 WATTS with the RTX2060 however people say its extremely innacurate.

Power supply calculators are basically always wrong. 

Ryzen 5 2600: about 85 watts at most

Rtx 2060: 200 watts, and that's being generous

Only thing to mind is that the cx450 only has a single pcie 8-pin connector

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Power supply calculators are basically always wrong. 

Ryzen 5 2600: about 85 watts at most

Rtx 2060: 200 watts, and that's being generous

Only thing to mind is that the cx450 only has a single pcie 8-pin connector

Yeah I knew they were accurate but to some extent it is probably close. And I can confirm that I have a 8pin (6x2 and a extra 2x1). Does it really matter anyways that there is only 1?

2 minutes ago, Ceriumin said:

Yeah I knew they were accurate but to some extent it is probably close. And I can confirm that I have a 8pin (6x2 and a extra 2x1). Does it really matter anyways that there is only 1?

It matters if you get a model that needs two

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 1/29/2020 at 8:18 PM, Fasauceome said:

It matters if you get a model that needs two

Doesn't the RTX2060 only require 1 8pin PCI-e? I won't be upgrading anything further.

1 minute ago, Ceriumin said:

Doesn't the RTX2060 only require 1 8pin PCI-e? I won't be upgrading anything further.

there are models with more connectors, though those are the more expensive models so if you're buying on the budget end it's not a problem

Primary PC: