Looking for a 1000w Power Supply

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

to be fair, a lot of professional workloads that involve rendering do rather closely resemble synthetic stress tests in their usage, so I don't think it's too unrealistic.

Yeah. I just mean OP probably isn't going to all core OC to 4.3GHz.

Though he might... so I did want to put all the info out there.

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

to be fair, a lot of professional workloads that involve rendering do rather closely resemble synthetic stress tests in their usage, so I don't think it's too unrealistic.

For reference, I use V-Ray and Blender most frequently.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Yeah. I just mean OP probably isn't going to all core OC to 4.3GHz.

Though he might... so I did want to put all the info out there.

Most demanding programs I have are probably V-Ray and Blender 

Just now, ConduitCreator said:

Most demanding programs I have are probably V-Ray and Blender 

Do you use CPU and GPU simultaneously?

3 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

For reference, I use V-Ray and Blender most frequently.

I know that Blender plays super nicely with the Radeon VII, it's basically a Blender user's wet dream. As for Vray, I know it supports OpenCL but I'm not sure about the relative performance. I believe Vray does better with Nvidia so it depend on your priorities. I would look into the VII as an alternative for the 2080 super, especially because it has 16GB of Vram.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I know that Blender plays super nicely with the Radeon VII, it's basically a Blender user's wet dream. As for Vray, I know it supports OpenCL but I'm not sure about the relative performance. I would look into the VII as an alternative for the 2080 super, especially because it has 16GB of Vram.

I've heard this a lot, may consider just making a seperate build for rendering entirely if it becomes financially plausible for me.

Just now, ConduitCreator said:

I've heard this a lot, may consider just making a seperate build for rendering entirely if it becomes financially plausible for me.

Alternatively, with a big beefy 1200W PSU, put the 2080 super and the VII in the same PC

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Do you use CPU and GPU simultaneously?

Usually both, if I'm doing something I'll usually allocate the CPU over GPU.

4 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

Usually both, if I'm doing something I'll usually allocate the CPU over GPU.

Well if you're ever curious you can make a demo file and I'll render it and send you numbers.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Well if you're ever curious you can make a demo file and I'll render it and send you numbers.

That would actually be quite helpful, there are a ton of benchmarks though so I have a general idea. If I need it I'll definitely take you up on that.

I’m one of those that would rather not worry about stressing the power supply either and have some headroom.

I’m considering a 850w for my build.  I’m looking at Seasonic as they are the OEM providers for many of the other brands mentioned.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nyQG3C/seasonic-prime-ultra-titanium-850w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-850tr

Always go with at least 150w headroom minimum, people who like to live stupidly buy a PSU's that is going to be used to maximum capacity 24/7

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

I've been looking to get a 1000w power supply (Yes I do need 1000w, trust me on this) but i'm torn on which one to get. My primary focus is noise levels, as low as possible in med/high loads. My budget is ~$250 or less. Digital monitoring is a big plus for me but not really a necessity. The ones I am currently looking at are:

Antec High Current Pro

Dark Power Pro 11

Corsair HX 1000i

I've seen the PSU tier list but i'm not sure what the noise is like on the Antec, especially considering how it is a bit older than other options on the list. If you guys have a quiet power supply with monitoring below $250 that would be God tier but I know you can't have your cake and eat it too. All help, suggestions, and questions are much appreciated. 

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

hx1000i call it a day. 

^^^ I have an RM1000i which is excellent, IIRC the HX series is a bit higher up so that should be even nicer

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

hx1000i call it a day. 

Worth the extra $25 over the non-i version? I don't really mind actually but the monitoring is the only difference right?

1 minute ago, ConduitCreator said:

Worth the extra $25 over the non-i version? I don't really mind actually but the monitoring is the only difference right?

well you said you care about noice. with the i you can make the fan do whatever u want 

1 minute ago, ConduitCreator said:

There may be an internals difference, I don't know for sure though. Either is a solid unit, the i ones just have monitoring like you mentioned. It's full system power though, to go by individual components you need an AXi. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

15 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

(Yes I do need 1000w, trust me on this)

Just out of curiosity, what behemoth are you powering?

Primary PC:

I'd expect the Dark Power Pro to be the quietest at full load, but the HXi has the bonus of digital monitoring while still being super high-end in terms of quality also, and it definitely isn't far behind the DPP in terms of noise.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

- Threads merged -

Please don't make multiple posts asking the same questions, you'll just get run around in circles with people asking for the same information again and giving the same answers.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Just out of curiosity, what behemoth are you powering?

See previous posts.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

well you said you care about noice. with the i you can make the fan do whatever u want 

True, I'll go with that then.