Odd Idea

The Spectator

After looking around everywhere i go, i see security cameras almost at every angle.

It had a very intriguing idea initially. is there any way to create a device or attach anything concealed to your face or body to blur out your face etc

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

I vaguely recall people leveraging the fact that a camera can’t see 3d but only 2d and using magazine cut out masks.  No idea if it way seffective.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, The Spectator said:

It had a very intriguing idea initially. is there any way to create a device or attach anything concealed to your face or body to blur out your face etc

look at your Avi. 

there you go. 

recipe: 

1. put stuff in front of face
  2. make sure see through, as you want to spy on other people face
  3. profit. 

Besides manual solutions? Most electronic interference devices are illegal in western countries. I say most as you could technically build and walk everywhere inside Faraday's cage. Its just not practical.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I like the fact the software doesn’t judge me by the way I look.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

18 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Besides manual solutions? Most electronic interference devices are illegal in western countries. I say most as you could technically build and walk everywhere inside Faraday's cage. Its just not practical.

can you direct me to that law possibly?

44 minutes ago, The Spectator said:

can you direct me to that law possibly?

Country? I can easily find our legislation about it. This falls under same stuff as with using DDoS against service providers. Meaning that if you would disrupt more than just your own space (if the device causes any issues that are unrelated to you in person), you are causing harm in a way or another to another person or business.

Section 5 –Interference with communications (578/1995)

(1) A person who by tampering with the operation of a device used in postal, tele-communications or radio traffic, by maliciously transmitting interfering messages over radio or telecommunications channels or in another comparable manner un-lawfully prevents or interferes with postal, telecommunications or radio traffic, shall be sentenced for interference with communications toa fine or to imprison-ment for at most two years.

(2) An attempt is punishable.

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokset/1889/en18890039_20150766.pdf

So, if you could temporarily suspend just those devices which are filming just you, that could be argued. But you can't. The Faraday cage wouldn't work either as it doesn't block camera from operating, just any radio signal entering or exiting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv