Ryzen 7 3700x + Aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard+ corsair vengeance 8 gb x 4 rams of 2400mhz

Go to solution Solved by Diwakar A S,
20 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

not saying they're broken, maybe just having compatibility problems.

even if they're new, DOA, or dead on arrival, parts are not unheard of. It is possible to buy a component and it is broken already, in which case you could take it back to the store and get a refund

though I will say, 2400MHz is very slow for Ryzen so maybe bring them back anyway

All the issues got resolved after updating bios from f41 to f50.

I went to Gigabyte service center & everything is solved now.

Hi,My build started giving bsod errors like "memory management","pfn lost corrupt" as soon as I use adobe softwares.

I have 4 rams (8 gb 2400 mhz)each.

If I use 4 rams, system gives bsod.

If i use 2 rams,the problem goes away.

Can anyone help me please?

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Are they all the same sticks?

Yes.

All 4 rams are corsair 8 gb 2400mhz.

I have upgraded to Ryzen7 3700x, aorus b450, nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 & also bought 2 more similar rams.

Problem started as soon as I installed Nvidia drivers & used adobe premiere pro.

So many bsod errors from last 3 days.

Then I tried it with just 2 rams & bsod errors are gone.

But I wish to use al 4 rams without any baod errors.

Please help.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

Do you have xmp enabled in bios?

Yes.

Xmp profile 1 was showing.

I turned it on.

Ram showed 2400 mhz settings.

Just now, boggy77 said:

Try to increase soc voltage a bit

I

I don't know much about this.i was searching solutions on Google & I saw this forum.So I signed up.

I will google it and try it.

Thank you for suggesting.

Just as a sanity test, have you tired running the two RAM sticks you've taken out in place of the two RAM sticks you say work fine with Adobe? It's possible one or both of those sticks is just bad and needs to be returned to be replaced.

If you get the crashing again after trying those sticks take one of them out then the other until it reliably crashes with one, although if you bought them in one pack you'll likely have to RMA all of them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

9 minutes ago, The_Strict_Nein said:

Just as a sanity test, have you tired running the two RAM sticks you've taken out in place of the two RAM sticks you say work fine with Adobe? It's possible one or both of those sticks is just bad and needs to be returned to be replaced.

If you get the crashing again after trying those sticks take one of them out then the other until it reliably crashes with one, although if you bought them in one pack you'll likely have to RMA all of them.

I have tried that too.

First I tried with 2 new rams.

Inserted in slot 1 & slot 3.

System didn't give bsod errors even after using premier pro & after effects.

Then I took out those rams & tried my old rams too.

Systems works just fine.

But ass soon as I try with 4 rams, system crashes.

I need serious help please.

My system was already crashing with 4 rams.

I removed 2 rams & it was working fine.

But the bsod issues are happening repeatedly as soon as I use adobe after effects.

Please help.

5 minutes ago, Diwakar A S said:

But the bsod issues are happening repeatedly as soon as I use adobe after effects.

what error message do you get? does it ever happen with other software?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

what error message do you get? does it ever happen with other software?

it shows different bsod errors.
sometimes says memory management and sometimes different ones.

1 minute ago, Diwakar A S said:

it shows different bsod errors.
sometimes says memory management and sometimes different ones.

it's possible that you could benefit from a BIOS update on your motherboard for stability. Do you know if the BIOS version is up to date?

granted, since you said you removed some ram and the problem started to go away, you should also run Memtest to see if there is a stability problem there.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

it's possible that you could benefit from a BIOS update on your motherboard for stability. Do you know if the BIOS version is up to date?

granted, since you said you removed some ram and the problem started to go away, you should also run Memtest to see if there is a stability problem there.

i do not have any technical knowledge.my friend had told me not to update bios as it can give other issues.Bios is 40f or f40 something on my aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard.Will the bios update help????

3 minutes ago, Diwakar A S said:

i do not have any technical knowledge.my friend had told me not to update bios as it can give other issues.Bios is 40f or f40 something on my aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard.Will the bios update help????

BIOS updates, if failed, will cause a bricked motherboard, but they will only fail in rare circumstances. Usually it helps to have a more up to date BIOS to improve things like memory compatibility, because the manufacturer will improve stuff like that.

The BIOS update may help, BIOS F40 is very old. I still think you should run Memtest first.

Primary PC:

BIOS updates, if failed, will cause a bricked motherboard, but they will only fail in rare circumstances. Usually it helps to have a more up to date BIOS to improve things like memory compatibility, because the manufacturer will improve stuff like that.

The BIOS update may help, BIOS F40 is very old. I still think you should run Memtest first.

thank you for this.I am currently watching tutorial for memtest on youtube.I will let you know soon.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

but I have bought 2 brand new corsair rams (8 gb each,2400 mhz).
these rams are purchased 1 week ago.
how can it be faulty?

2 minutes ago, Diwakar A S said:

but I have bought 2 brand new corsair rams (8 gb each,2400 mhz).
these rams are purchased 1 week ago.
how can it be faulty?

even if they're new, DOA, or dead on arrival, parts are not unheard of. It is possible to buy a component and it is broken already, in which case you could take it back to the store and get a refund

though I will say, 2400MHz is very slow for Ryzen so maybe bring them back anyway

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I can ask the seller to give me high frequency rams and replace these 2 if 2400 mhz is not recommmeded.

which ones should i buy????

also,my new aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard has ram support upto 64 gb,I should be able to use all 4 dimm slot right? but the system was giving too many bsod errors when i used 4 rams(2 are from my old build which died).All rams are same (corsair vengeance 8 gb 2400 mhz).
is the motherboard faulty?

sorry I am asking too many questions because I am so frustrated because of all this.

I can ask the seller to give me high frequency rams and replace these 2 if 2400 mhz is not recommmeded.

which ones should i buy????

DDR4 3000 or 3200 is where I usually settle, delivers good performance.

also,my new aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard has ram support upto 64 gb,I should be able to use all 4 dimm slot right? but the system was giving too many bsod errors when i used 4 rams(2 are from my old build which died).All rams are same (corsair vengeance 8 gb 2400 mhz).

the ram compatibility may be the problem, the motherboard just might not recognize this exact configuration of these exact ram dimms.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

DDR4 3000 or 3200 is where I usually settle, delivers good performance.

the ram compatibility may be the problem, the motherboard just might not recognize this exact configuration of these exact ram dimms.

I will try it tomorrow in the store.I hope the issues get solved.Thank you for being so patient and helpful.

16 minutes ago, Diwakar A S said:

I will try it tomorrow in the store.I hope the issues get solved.Thank you for being so patient and helpful.

1580320444136207859378.jpg

Just now, Diwakar A S said:

1580320444136207859378.jpg

point number 2:

2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU

so,it is indeed the bios issue.
I will ask the technician to update it as I cant do it myself
will let you know tomorrow.

1 minute ago, biko24 said:

I hade similar problem few days a go. After a lot of testing it was my Asus crosshair vii hero that was the cause. I you did not mess up pins on cpu or something similar than board is the problem. I send my chvii for rma and bought a cheap a320 and cpu is running like a champ. What board you have? 

i did not install the processor myslef.The technician did.
I have aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:53 PM, Diwakar A S said:

I have tried that too.

First I tried with 2 new rams.

Inserted in slot 1 & slot 3.

System didn't give bsod errors even after using premier pro & after effects.

Then I took out those rams & tried my old rams too.

Systems works just fine.

But ass soon as I try with 4 rams, system crashes.

Just as an experiment, can you try booting the system with the RAMs in slots 2 and 4? If you get crashes again it may be a Motherboard problem which you can also get an RMA for.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

54 minutes ago, The_Strict_Nein said:

Just as an experiment, can you try booting the system with the RAMs in slots 2 and 4? If you get crashes again it may be a Motherboard problem which you can also get an RMA for.

i have tried that as well.
System is giving bsod on 2 rams also when I use Adobe after effects or premier pro.