One Monitor Multiple PCs

joxo72

Hi,

I'm after some advice regarding the ability to have 2 pcs displaying on one monitor.

I'm (possibly) intending to but a large curved monitor and hope to be able to connect 2 pcs to it and have both screens visible next to each other, ideally where I can move the mouse and keyboard functionality between them smoothly.

At the moment I have both pcs connected to one monitor via a 4K HDMI USB KVM SWITCH (where i have to press a button to switch between machines)

This is ok but I'd like to be able to see both screens at the same time (so I can play on after effects whilst checking that no one at work is trying to contact me on Teams/Lync and that no meetings are about to start)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

speaking of mice winery !

My "Rig"

Intel i3 6006u clocked at 1992MHz

12gb ddr4 ram clocked at 2133MHz

Intel Hd graphics 520

A 7200RPM HDD

hElP mE aNd My PoTaTo Pc gO  rYzEn

Some monitors have a feature called "picture in picture", which allows you to display the output of multiple PCs on one display.

LTT used to have one, that could display the output of 4 machines

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Sorry, I should have said, 

1 PC is a work computer and I can't install software.

2 The work PC is connected via a VPN (Still using my internet) so I'm not sure if it would show as being on the same network.

6 hours ago, joxo72 said:

Sorry, I should have said, 

1 PC is a work computer and I can't install software.

2 The work PC is connected via a VPN (Still using my internet) so I'm not sure if it would show as being on the same network.

About 2:

The whole point of a VPN is pretending that you're in the same network as the target computer

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

With this information, it looks like what you're looking for is a monitor or TV that supports PIP (Picture-in-Picture) as others have stated. I would do more research in this if I were yourself, as some monitors may have varying levels of PIP luxury.

Some could only do 2 screens with vertical split in the middle, some could do 4 pictures, etc... and you also have to consider how the computer is going to deal with the screen resolution / picture change, resolution-wise. Will it maintain a sharp picture or will it scale down/up and look bad? 

14 hours ago, joxo72 said:

Hi,

I'm after some advice regarding the ability to have 2 pcs displaying on one monitor.

I'm (possibly) intending to but a large curved monitor and hope to be able to connect 2 pcs to it and have both screens visible next to each other, ideally where I can move the mouse and keyboard functionality between them smoothly.

At the moment I have both pcs connected to one monitor via a 4K HDMI USB KVM SWITCH (where i have to press a button to switch between machines)

This is ok but I'd like to be able to see both screens at the same time (so I can play on after effects whilst checking that no one at work is trying to contact me on Teams/Lync and that no meetings are about to start)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

LTT has shown some 32:9 monitors that can accept two inputs and display them side by side. Essentialy you would have 2 16:9 monitors side by side without bezels. These monitors are hell of expensive however. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.