Building my first PC, need suggestions!

mparish3

Hiya, 

I am starting the process of building my first gaming PC. I decided to go AMD and use the new x570 chipset so that it's more upgradeable in the future. I have my eye on the ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus ATX Motherboard. With that being said, I'm not sure if to go with last gen parts and upgrade later, or just spend a little more now. 

Basically I am debating between whether or not to go Ryzen 2600 or 3600 for this chipset, and I am pretty stuck on what graphics card to go with in general. Any suggestions would be great! 

We need more information. What budget, what resolution and refresh rate.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

9 minutes ago, mparish3 said:

Basically I am debating between whether or not to go Ryzen 2600 or 3600 for this chipset, and I am pretty stuck on what graphics card to go with in general. Any suggestions would be great! 

If you're going to spend that much money on a board whether it be X470 or X570, you better make use of it and put in a powerful CPU, you could instead save money and buy a 100$ B450 Board and get yourself a 2700X and you'd still be able to upgrade your CPU later on though you won't get PCIe 4.0 which I personally think is not a big deal, the only GPU to date that is able to begin saturating PCIe 3.0 is the RTX 2080 Ti, that's a lot of performance to be able to upgrade to.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Well if you are going budget go for a Radeon 570 or 580 for 1080p 60hz quite well

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you are just gaming then the R5 3600 is a better option than the 2700X mentioned above. It has 2 cores less, but it is faster for gaming. I would pair it with a good B450 board like the Tomahawk MAX or B450-A Pro MAX.

6 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

If you're going to spend that much money on a board whether it be X470 or X570, you better make use of it and put in a powerful CPU, you could instead save money and buy a 100$ B450 Board and get yourself a 2700X and you'd still be able to upgrade your CPU later on though you won't get PCIe 4.0 which I personally think is not a big deal, the only GPU to date that is able to begin saturating PCIe 3.0 is the RTX 2080 Ti, that's a lot of performance to be able to upgrade to.

Makes a lot of sense. Do you have any recommended b450 boards? I think I've deciding on going AMD gen 2 with the thought of upgrading in the future. Also looking at going with a gtx 1650 super if that helps at all.  

15 minutes ago, mparish3 said:

Makes a lot of sense. Do you have any recommended b450 boards? I think I've deciding on going AMD gen 2 with the thought of upgrading in the future. Also looking at going with a gtx 1650 super if that helps at all.  

See my post above. The 3600 is better than the 2700X for gaming. Only $15 difference in price.

MSI B450 MAX boards such as the Tomahawk or B450-A Pro are good.