USBs dont "register" my keyboard until im past Boot.

jeppe96

Hi, so recently ive had issues with my USB ports not registering my keyboard before i get past the boot screen, so i get popped into the "American Megatrends" screen that says theres 4 hubs connected (theres 6) and no keyboard detected, thing is 5 seconds later it works fine, no issue, anyone know a fix to this?

Looking at the back of the PC, plug the keyboard into the top left USB port. Some motherboards give priority to that slot.

Might also try to disable fast boot...

Once in the BIOS, you want to be looking for and option in there that says 'USB legacy devices', make sure it is enabled. (not sure you can adjust BIOS without keyboard though)

If all else fails: take out my CMOS battery to reset the BIOS.

1 minute ago, RageTester said:

Looking at the back of the PC, plug the keyboard into the top left USB port. Some motherboards give priority to that slot.

Might also try to disable fast boot...

Once in the BIOS, you want to be looking for and option in there that says 'USB legacy devices', make sure it is enabled. (not sure you can adjust BIOS without keyboard though)

If all else fails: take out my CMOS battery to reset the BIOS.

thing is, this started happening about a year after i built the PC, its been working flawlessly up until a few days ago when the display output started being wierd, had to do several hard resets in a row just to get a videofeed, then this started happening.

Well maybe you just fried some parts like the 2 USB hubs that are not detected...

well they are working, just not on boot. i have no issues when i get past boot

Just now, RageTester said:

Ok, but did you try plugging keybaord into one of the 4 that are detected in BIOS?

not yet, i need to get a new Displayport cable to reliably get a output to my monitor

Are you using an external USB hub by any chance? it may not like going hub to hub to device.

Are you using an external USB hub by any chance? it may not like going hub to hub to device.

no, im not

35 minutes ago, jeppe96 said:

not yet, i need to get a new Displayport cable to reliably get a output to my monitor

Yeah sounds like your problems are pilling up, can't adjust much without keyboard in BIOS...

I never had problems with HDMI, even though I got a cable going through wall, near a hot water metal tube...

Those Display port cables sound like they are falling apart easy...

You got "fast boot" enabled in BIOS. Clear CMOS then adjust your BIOS settings properly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

46 minutes ago, Levent said:

You got "fast boot" enabled in BIOS. Clear CMOS then adjust your BIOS settings properly.

well, that hasnt been a issue before it became a problem a few days ago