Is this PSU Dangerous ?

Jowzf97

Hi,

i want to get a new psu to replace the integrated 320 w one in hp compaq pc's since i need a 6 pin for an RX 580, and im on 60 / 70 dollars budget, so i couldnt find any psu for that price in my country ( PSU's are so overpriced here ).

i found this one on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000207704736.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.74133c0099AyO3&mp=1

Its a 650W PSU with pretty good reviews and they claim that it is 80+ Bronze rated, im only gonna use it to power up an i7 3770 and a rx 580, is it still dangerous to buy this psu even if the power consumption will not be even close to 600 w ?

what do you think about this psu ? 

PS : i already tried to search for a better options but i didnt find any for that price atm.

10 hours ago, Jowzf97 said:

Hi,

i want to get a new psu to replace the integrated 320 w one in hp compaq pc's since i need a 6 pin for an RX 580, and im on 60 / 70 dollars budget, so i couldnt find any psu for that price in my country ( PSU's are so overpriced here ).

i found this one on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000207704736.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.74133c0099AyO3&mp=1

Its a 650W PSU with pretty good reviews and they claim that it is 80+ Bronze rated, im only gonna use it to power up an i7 3770 and a rx 580, is it still dangerous to buy this psu even if the power consumption will not be even close to 600 w ?

PS : i already tried to search for a better options but i didnt find any for that price atm.

In one of the reviews on aexpress someone opened it for examination it seems and says:

"There are no Y condensator, varistor, shunt, choke on ouput of 12 V (replaced by jumper)."

Now, thats a translated from russian comment so not sure it makes any sense; but perhaps to a psu god like @jonnyGURU it will mean something?

33 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

In one of the reviews on aexpress someone opened it for examination it seems and says:

"There are no Y condensator, varistor, shunt, choke on ouput of 12 V (replaced by jumper)."

Now, thats a translated from russian comment so not sure it makes any sense; but perhaps to a psu god like @jonnyGURU it will mean something?

i have no idea what any of that means tbh, waiting for the pro's to respond :P

21 hours ago, Jowzf97 said:

Hi,

I have never heard of the brand of Aigo, although the unit is 80 plus certified, providing some assurance that it won't immediately catch fire as soon as you plug it into the wall. The marketing does not give much information pertaining to the quality of the unit and it very generic marketing strategies are being used to show that it is "good". It also should be noted that this is not going to be able to give you 850 watts on a continuous basis, only rated for 650 watts really. I understand that common-brand power supplies may not be available at reasonable prices in certain countries, although if you can find one at a reasonable cost at a local retailer or online (factoring in any added shipping costs) then I would much rather go with that.

Edit: Was looking around at previous threads on the forum and was able to find one which would be similar to this case and it looks like many agree against choosing this PSU

-> https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/888709-aigo-gt-series-psugood-or-bad-warning-gif-heavy/

Hope that this information was helpful,

@Boomwebsearch

Edited by Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch