2080 Super possibilities

Silent Node

Looking at getting a 2080 Super. This EVGA has my attention right now. I'm looking for good review information on that cooler and how well it performs. Also entirely open to other suggestions, be mindful that I spend in Canuck Bucks.

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ͓  i7 6700k ͓  16GB DDR4-3200 ͓  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra Gaming

Cooler is good and their warranty is good. That's what I'd get.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Yea, I've never had EVGA before, but I knew their warranty was noteworthy.

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ͓  i7 6700k ͓  16GB DDR4-3200 ͓  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra Gaming

For a person who has a number of graphics card including, Creative Geforce 256, Powercolour, Sapphire.

i would say my EVGA GTX1070 SC is the best so far in terms of quality.  No regrets even though its a 2nd card

5 minutes ago, Keiran1983 said:

For a person who has a number of graphics card including, Creative Geforce 256, Powercolour, Sapphire.

i would say my EVGA GTX1070 SC is the best so far in terms of quality.  No regrets even though its a 2nd card

You have to remember that not all card generations have same build quality. Before Asus Strix was amazing, this days they are not anymore. 
But Evga was most of the time good, plus they have really good customer service which is bonus especially when your card brakes and you have to deal with rma

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

1 minute ago, Whiro said:

You have to remember that not all card generations have same build quality. Before Asus Strix was amazing, this days they are not anymore. 
But Evga was most of the time good, plus they have really good customer service which is bonus especially when your card brakes and you have to deal with rma

Yup!  U said it.  Thats why the community is important.  There is no way we can tell the build quality and the performance without them.

2 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

have you consider founders edition ?

I considered it, but it's not much cheaper. I don't like the looks of the FE, and am assuming the cooler is less effective and louder. The EVGA has a bit higher boost clock without me doing anything manually.

I'm using the gigabyte 2080 super gaming oc and very very happy with it. The cooler on it is truly impressive. It runs steady @ 2070MHz gpu and 18000MHz vram while easily maintaining 52-53 degrees celcius (although gets a bit noisy if you want to keep temperatures that low)

The software that gigabyte provides is straight garbage but hey , there is always afterburner soo . . As far as benchmarks I see around the net go, I get very close to 2080ti results with my current overclock.

I highly recommend the card

• 2 weeks later...

Just necro'ing my own thread to mention that I did get the EVGA card I linked in the initial post. I am very happy with my upgrade. Thanks to all who responded!