IM SO STUCK.. GTX 980 No longer comparable? Am I just missing something?

Go to solution Solved by Kisai,
10 minutes ago, ChaiGuy said:

Hey guys, Im in a little bit of a pickle, and I think I could use a hand. 

PC Specs:

I5 3570k

asrock z77 extreme4

MSI GTX 980 4gb OC 

The problem: Every time I open Adobe Premier 2020 (Which may be the problem??) I recive the following error, odd thing is I am run on my 980. SO, after updating the 980, on board graphics, adobe, its still didn't work. I have disabled my on board graphics card, thinking maybe that would work. As of now I have the on board graphics disabled and the 980 SHOULD be set to default when premier open (and everything else.) I still get the same error.. Am I missing something here? I am worried that my set up may be too outdated for the newest version? Any help would be appreciated. 

I am getting back into video editing an

Capture.PNG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Oh this is an easy thing. You're not paying attention to the warning. It believes you are using the iGPU, which means you are using the iGPU. This is more typical of a laptop and a displaylink docking station, but I recognize this problem as simply being "Windows is using the wrong GPU"

Here's what you do. Make sure your Primary monitor is running off the nVidia card. This should tell Adobe that your primary card is what you want to use for video acceleration inside the application. The Video renderer that you're selecting in premiere is for actual video processing. The nVidia Driver has nothing to do with this.

As for why it's happening, it's likely probing the PCIe devices, and if you have "mixed multi-monitor" enabled in the BIOS, that means the iGPU is still enabled. With that said, if the warning is coming up, and you know you've plugged your monitor into the nVidia GPU, regardless if you turned off the iGPU the problem lies with Premiere and you might be able to use the task manager to force it to use the nVidia GPU, but otherwise, just ignore the message, because it's likely mistakenly believes that you're using a laptop where both devices have to work together.

Click the "export report" on that and see if it's still using the nVidia GPU anyway. The experience I'm speaking from is from other software that mistakenly uses the iGPU when the nVidia GPU is present.

PC Specs:

I5 3570k

asrock z77 extreme4

MSI GTX 980 4gb OC 

The problem: Every time I open Adobe Premier 2020 (Which may be the problem??) I recive the following error, odd thing is I am run on my 980. SO, after updating the 980, on board graphics, adobe, its still didn't work. I have disabled my on board graphics card, thinking maybe that would work. As of now I have the on board graphics disabled and the 980 SHOULD be set to default when premier open (and everything else.) I still get the same error.. Am I missing something here? I am worried that my set up may be too outdated for the newest version? Any help would be appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Most graphics card issues can be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers. If you haven’t done this yet (or haven’t used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove drivers), I’d recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller, found here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html (download links at bottom of page) and I’d recommend using the “Clean and Restart” option.

Once this is done, you can download new drivers by clicking on the links below and selecting your hardware.

Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

10 minutes ago, ChaiGuy said:

PC Specs:

I5 3570k

asrock z77 extreme4

MSI GTX 980 4gb OC 

Capture.PNG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Oh this is an easy thing. You're not paying attention to the warning. It believes you are using the iGPU, which means you are using the iGPU. This is more typical of a laptop and a displaylink docking station, but I recognize this problem as simply being "Windows is using the wrong GPU"

Here's what you do. Make sure your Primary monitor is running off the nVidia card. This should tell Adobe that your primary card is what you want to use for video acceleration inside the application. The Video renderer that you're selecting in premiere is for actual video processing. The nVidia Driver has nothing to do with this.

As for why it's happening, it's likely probing the PCIe devices, and if you have "mixed multi-monitor" enabled in the BIOS, that means the iGPU is still enabled. With that said, if the warning is coming up, and you know you've plugged your monitor into the nVidia GPU, regardless if you turned off the iGPU the problem lies with Premiere and you might be able to use the task manager to force it to use the nVidia GPU, but otherwise, just ignore the message, because it's likely mistakenly believes that you're using a laptop where both devices have to work together.

Click the "export report" on that and see if it's still using the nVidia GPU anyway. The experience I'm speaking from is from other software that mistakenly uses the iGPU when the nVidia GPU is present.