AM4 1U server cooler

Hi everyone!

I have Ryzen 3950X installed in 1U rack server (SuperMicro 815TQ chassis, ASRock X470D4U m/b).

I've recently bought the Dynatron L3 cooler. It works well, but it does not allow to reveal all power of my Ryzen 3950X.

On 100% cpu load CPU frequency is ~4GHz (floating from 3,95 to 4,05) and CPU temperature is above 90 degrees C and all of it's three fans are on max speed.

I would like to have 

Maybe someone can offer me another cooler which is 
1) compatible to 1U rack servers
2) handles TDP 200W or more
3) compatible to AM4 socket

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have a L3 on a Xeon E5-2690 and lapping the copper plate on the waterblock lowered temps by over 10c so I suggest you try that first.

4 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

lapping the copper plate on the waterblock

Hi, @johnny5c! Please explain how did you do that?

23 minutes ago, bellerofonte said:

Hi, @johnny5c! Please explain how did you do that?

You basically sand the plate as flat as possible using different grits of sandpaper on a piece of glass, inspection plate, or other flat surface.  When I removed my L3's block for the first time I saw that  the thermal paste was noticeably thicker in the center than it was around the edges so lapping helped it make much better contact with the CPU's IHS.  I think Linus did a video on it awhile back.

Edit: 

@johnny5c, thank you, I'll try that.

I've got another idea: what if I could add more fans to L3?

I have some extra space inside the chassis, unmount it's 3 fans, 3D-print an air flow adaptor (see attached pictures) and add 2 extra fans (m/b has only 2 extra connectors).

How do you think, will it matter?

2020-01-22_1206.png

2020-01-22_12061.png

49 minutes ago, bellerofonte said:

@johnny5c, thank you, I'll try that.

I've got another idea: what if I could add more fans to L3?

I have some extra space inside the chassis, unmount it's 3 fans, 3D-print an air flow adaptor (see attached pictures) and add 2 extra fans (m/b has only 2 extra connectors).

How do you think, will it matter?

The easiest thing would be to add 3 more 40mm fans to the other side of the radiator for a push-pull config but your idea could work too.  You can use a 4-pin Y-adapter to power them instead connecting them all to the motherboard.  

6 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

The easiest thing would be to add 3 more 40mm fans to the other side of the radiator for a push-pull config

Nice idea, thanks!

7 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

You can use a 4-pin Y-adapter to power them instead connecting them all to the motherboard

In that case I would prefer to connect pump directly to the PSU and 3 extra fans to CPU_FAN and two rest case fan connectors. Because in case of Y-adaptors it would be almost 2A per m/b connector at max RPM.

21 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

The easiest thing would be to add 3 more 40mm fans to the other side of the radiator for a push-pull config

I've just read a little about push-pull config and I am confused. If I have 6 identical fans, the push-pull config would not significant increase CFM, only pressure. I have to combine 3 high-pressure and 3 high-airflow fans to achieve better cooling results. So I think 5 push fans will overperform 6 push-pull.