Is it better to have an acrylic side panel or tempered glass?

Msuni

Acrylic scratches easier.  Lots easier.  It’s also a lot cheaper though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Acrylic scratches easier.  Lots easier.  It’s also a lot cheaper though.

My pc keeps making an annoying buzzing noise, and it is definitely the acrylic panel as when i push it it stops. I believe it has been slightly warped and that's why it's buzzing. And i didnt want that to happen again if i got a replacement acrylic panel. 

1 minute ago, Msuni said:

My pc keeps making an annoying buzzing noise, and it is definitely the acrylic panel as when i push it it stops. I believe it has been slightly warped and that's why it's buzzing. And i didnt want that to happen again if i got a replacement acrylic panel. 

Acrylic is also a lot more flexible than glass.  If it’s buzzing it’s vibrating against something.  You might be able to shim it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Acrylic is also a lot more flexible than glass.  If it’s buzzing it’s vibrating against something.  You might be able to shim it.

Ok thank you for the help appreciate it. I might just put some electrical tape in between the acrylic panel and the case itself. 

Acrylic is also a lot lighter than glass. But as far as optics are concerned acrylic is definitely no competition for tempered glass which simply looks way better.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?