New to AMD, could use some help

Daeyve

So I built my system yesterday, and today I'm trying to get it all optimized.

rig: 3900x, Trident Z 3600/C17, Acer dual OC 2080 ti advanced edition, wraith cooler (because I couldn't figure out how to mount my tranquillo rev 4 for like 90mins and it pissed me off), on an x570 tuf gaming elite in a cooler master H500. 

I'm running Windows 8.1 pro. Some issues:

1: My connection speed is like 9mb/s, where on my old rig (4790K/gtx 970, 16gb ballistix 2200, H97 guard pro) I get 90mb/s and around 27ish upload. Figured I'd need a driver, so installed the Realtek lan driver from here: https://support.lenovo.com/nl/en/downloads/ds032743  It did nothing. Also my ping is 8 now, it used to be a lot lower. 

2: I figured I'd test the 2080 ti in a benchmark program to see if it runs as it should. Downloaded Heaven (took a while), gave me a MVSP100.dll error. Downloaded that DLL, started it up again, gave me a fresh new error. Magnificent. uninstalled. Guess I'm looking for a good benchmark tool, or any other way to see if my gpu holds up comparatively. the error appears on the right in the image as a browser error. 

3: cmd with " get memory speed" tells me my ram runs at 3600mhz, in cpuz the NB frequency is like 1798, is that correct? Also it says my cas latency is 25 clocks, even though it's c17 modules? shouldn't cas say 17?  Edit: I just realized that NB frequency might not be doubled like DDR? 1796 is roughly half of 3600, so that's ok then?

4: FurMark seems low to me as well.

5: windows update actually keeps failing to find an update.

below a picture of as much related shit as I could possibly cram into a single pic:

whoopsie.PNG

25 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

because I couldn't figure out how to mount my tranquillo rev 4 for like 90mins and it pissed me off

If it uses the latch system then it might work but otherwise the cooler is too old and doesn't support the AM4 socket.

1: My connection speed is like 9mb/s, where on my old rig (4790K/gtx 970, 16gb ballistix 2200, H97 guard pro) I get 90mb/s and around 27ish upload. Figured I'd need a driver, so installed the Realtek lan driver from here: https://support.lenovo.com/nl/en/downloads/ds032743  It did nothing. Also my ping is 8 now, it used to be a lot lower. 

Seems to be detecting your connection as 10Mbps that's why there's a hard limit, have you changed your Ethernet setup? cables? you could try forcing 1Gbps by going into your Network Connections and right click on your Ethernet>Properties>Configure>Advanced and look for Speed & Duplex and change that to 1 Gbps, if after that it says there's no connection then it might mean your cables or connection is messed up in some way.

Also while you're in Network Connections, right click your Ethernet and click on Status, you'd see that the Speed is at 10Mbps.

2: I figured I'd test the 2080 ti in a benchmark program to see if it runs as it should. Downloaded Heaven (took a while), gave me a MVSP100.dll error. Downloaded that DLL, started it up again, gave me a fresh new error. Magnificent. uninstalled. Guess I'm looking for a good benchmark tool, or any other way to see if my gpu holds up comparatively. the error appears on the right in the image as a browser error. 

You need Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributables to get the program to work because it's a new Windows Installation, the redistributables might be already included in Heaven's Root folder if you look there or just download all of them here:

https://www.itechtics.com/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-versions-direct-download-links/

Simply grabbing one of the DLLs will not work.

3: cmd with " get memory speed" tells me my ram runs at 3600mhz, in cpuz the NB frequency is like 1798, is that correct? Also it says my cas latency is 25 clocks, even though it's c17 modules? shouldn't cas say 17?  Edit: I just realized that NB frequency might not be doubled like DDR? 1796 is roughly half of 3600, so that's ok then?

Did you manually change your RAM speed to 3600Mhz in BIOS? that wont work and it's probably why the CAS is so high, you need to enable XMP/DOCP profiles, and yes DDR is Double Data Rate so 1800mhz is actually 3600mhz.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

is that windows 10? You should be running windows, that would explain a lot of your issues if your running 8.1. Ryzen doesn't support 8.1 aswell, run 10

22 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

My connection speed is like 9mb/s, where on my old rig (4790K/gtx 970, 16gb ballistix 2200, H97 guard pro) I get 90mb/s and around 27ish upload. Figured I'd need a driver, so installed the Realtek lan driver from here: https://support.lenovo.com/nl/en/downloads/ds032743  It did nothing. Also my ping is 8 now, it used to be a lot lower. 

What are you using to test ping? 8 is pretty good, id ignore it

Why did you get a driver from lenovo, get it from the mobo maker

23 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

FurMark seems low to me as well.

Really not a great benchmark

5: windows update actually keeps failing to find an update.

Windoes 8.1 isn't supported on ryzen, so it won't install updates.

Just now, _Syn_ said:

If it uses the latch system then it might work but otherwise the cooler is too old and doesn't support the AM4 socket.

Wait actually it does seem to support AM4, I'm confused

That's possibly the wrong driver, you should download your drivers from https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

(this is assuming your motherboard is ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS)

RAM speed is reported at twice its actual operating frequency, so the NB speed is fine.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

is that windows 10? You should be running windows, that would explain a lot of your issues if your running 8.1. Ryzen doesn't support 8.1 aswell, run 10

Ah you're right, there's no specific Windows 8.1 support for his hardware or even older hardware, though as I understand Windows 10 drivers work with 8.1 most of the time but it's never tested for it, it's funny how everyone ignores 8.1 like it never existed.

16 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Seems to be detecting your connection as 10Mbps that's why there's a hard limit, have you changed your Ethernet setup? cables? you could try forcing 1Gbps by going into your Network Connections and right click on your Ethernet>Properties>Configure>Advanced and look for Speed & Duplex and change that to 1 Gbps, if after that it says there's no connection then it might mean your cables or connection is messed up in some way.

This was correct, it said 10 mbps, however changing it in the way you described didn't change my speed, not after a restart either. 

ether.PNG

On my old PC it works fine, same cable, I just unplugged the old system, and put this in the same spot.

1 minute ago, Daeyve said:

This was correct, it said 10 mbps, however changing it in the way you described didn't change my speed, not after a restart either. 

If it still said 10Mbps even after you changed it then it's more likely a driver issue, 100Mbps should be forced when you apply that setting and if it's not supported due to issues in your wiring or network then it would say there's no connection.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

If it still said 10Mbps even after you changed it then it's more likely a driver issue, 100Mbps should be forced when you apply that setting and if it's not supported due to issues in your wiring or network then it would say there's no connection.

I'm not sure it's hard to say, do you have a laptop you can test with? or another PC

16 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

That's possibly the wrong driver, you should download your drivers from https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

(this is assuming your motherboard is ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS)

RAM speed is reported at twice its actual operating frequency, so the NB speed is fine.

I did enable DOCP now, it solved the memory thing. Thanks :)

The driver for lan is only available when I pick windows 10, downloaded it anyway, did nothing. Guess I'll have to jump to W10 then. I can't abide by 10mbps

it came with some AM4 addons and a "manual" that has 2by2 cm pictures that look like they emerged from a budget fax machine from the 90s. It's an incredibly silent fan, which is why I picked it, because the case is largely airflow focused. 

You need Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributables to get the program to work because it's a new Windows Installation, the redistributables might be already included in Heaven's Root folder if you look there or just download all of them here:

https://www.itechtics.com/microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-versions-direct-download-links/

Simply grabbing one of the DLLs will not work.

Did that, but sadly it didnt change it. 

16 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Windoes 8.1 isn't supported on ryzen, so it won't install updates.

well fuck.

16 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Really not a great benchmark

any free alternatives? Time spy and 3dMark both cost a bit.

1 minute ago, Daeyve said:

any free alternatives? Time spy and 3dMark both cost a bit.

3d mark has a free version.

Super position

2 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

well fuck.

Id install windows 10 on there, it should fix most of those issues.

4 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

It should, did you install all of the versions? different programs require different versions as in 2019/2017/2015/2013 or 32bit/64bit etc and I'm not sure which version Heaven uses.

6 minutes ago, Daeyve said:

And delete the MVSP DLL you copied there because it might be detecting that instead, which is incomplete.

And delete the MVSP DLL you copied there because it might be detecting that instead, which is incomplete.

I got Heaven working, I needed the 2010 MSVS redis

So I guess in the end I'll have to upgrade windows to get decent DL speeds. There's worse things, I guess.

Thanks for the help ladies n gents, I'll make a seperate topic for the GPU because my heaven score scared the bejeezus outta me