Is this a decent trade?

Helltech

This computer (ignore prices they mean nothing and are wonky for older hardware)

For this laptop

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GP63-Leopard-077-Performance-i7-8750H/dp/B07GX72PRQ

Which one are you getting and why? 

Trades are more about the value of the items to the person receiving them than monetary value sum of the components.

What can be a terrible trade for one person can be the best trade for another person.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

the person getting the laptop is coming out ahead, with a flat out better CPU and GPU as well as more ram and faster storage. There's not even an SSD listed for the desktop.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Which one are you getting and why? 

Trades are more about the value of the items to the person receiving them than monetary value sum of the components.

What can be a terrible trade for one person can be the best trade for another person.

I'm selling the computer because I really need cash. It's just a guest computer. Someone offered me the laptop for it.

After a quick skim my initial reaction was no way, but after diving into the specs, you'll actually be coming out ahead I think with this. Not only will you be on more modern architecture, you'll be a step above what you've got. The GPU appears better. CPU clock speed is better, RAM is better. You'll be in a great position dude

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the person getting the laptop is coming out ahead, with a flat out better CPU and GPU as well as more ram and faster storage. There's not even an SSD listed for the desktop.

Thanks! The desktop actually does a 240gb ssd, I'm not sure why I didnt list that.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman_Wil said:

After a quick skim my initial reaction was no way, but after diving into the specs, you'll actually be coming out ahead I think with this. Not only will you be on more modern architecture, you'll be a step above what you've got. The GPU appears better. CPU clock speed is better, RAM is better. You'll be in a great position dude

Either way I'm just going to try and sell it anyway, don't really need it lol.

8 minutes ago, Helltech said:

I'm selling the computer because I really need cash. It's just a guest computer. Someone offered me the laptop for it.

If your not going to sell the laptop then no, as your not getting cash.

You may find it harder to sell the laptop if you plan to so maybe no, not a good trade.

If you say you want better kit and you are happy with a laptop then it’s likely a decent trade.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

3 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

You may find it harder to sell the laptop if you plan to so maybe no, not a good trade.

If you say you want better kit and you are happy with a laptop then it’s likely a decent trade.

Yeah its just to resell for hopefully the same I was asking for the computer. Thought it might be easier to sell actually :/

9 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

compared to the desktop the laptop could be easier to sell. modern parts and portability are pretty high in demand for good prices, I'd say the desktop is at best worth 3/4 the laptop

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

17 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

compared to the desktop the laptop could be easier to sell. modern parts and portability are pretty high in demand for good prices, I'd say the desktop is at best worth 3/4 the laptop

Thanks I was thinking about the same!

12 minutes ago, Helltech said:

Thanks I was thinking about the same!

just in case, I'd be super cautious with the trade. When you meet, make certain that it's the exact agreed upon model with task manager and stuff

Primary PC: