Windows update forcing restart

limegorilla
Go to solution Solved by Ashleyyyy,

1. never install Windows Insider on your daily machine. I made that mistake. 

now that that's over with, the only thing you can do here is reinstall. you can't go back to normal Windows 10 after you've installed insider afaik... 

Okay so I tried to sign up to the Windows Insider Preview on my PC the other day - and for the most part, nothing went wrong. I hit restart after assigning my PC to the Slow ring, and then sat back.

Of course, this being windows, somethings gone wrong. Since it's restarted, I cannot access the Windows Insider panel in settings, and any time my PC checks for updates - be it behind the scenes or manually - it restarts. It won't go more than half hour without restarting, and changing update check settings just forces another restart.

I'm not in front of it right now, but any ideas - other than the obvious re-installation of Windows, which I would prefer not to do - are welcome.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

now that that's over with, the only thing you can do here is reinstall. you can't go back to normal Windows 10 after you've installed insider afaik... 

She/Her

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

I have before, and to be honest, I have never had the crippling problems many have had.

And yes, the only way back is to reinstall, or pull out of insider, wait for release to catch up, then go from there.

Ughhhhhhhhh why Microsoft why.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

2 hours ago, limegorilla said:

I have before, and to be honest, I have never had the crippling problems many have had.

it worked fine for me too, for a long time. until I tried to delete a partition and then the computer froze and bricked itself. 

Edited by Twilight
typo

She/Her

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

it worked fine for me too, for a long time. until I tried to delete a partition and then the computer froze and bricked itself. 

Okay. So time to reinstall then :( this wont be fun

Bow down to me humans.