H100i RGB Platinum 50c idle | 65c load?

Is this normal for the 3600x? I had a 4690k before I upgraded to a 3600x and that was running at like 35c on idle with intels stock cooler and now with this pretty expensive aio I feel i'm not getting what I should be, i'm thinking of returning it (if I can because the pre-applied thermal paste will have been used) and getting a cheaper air cooler instead like a dark rock pro 4. Thoughts?

[CPU] Ryzen 5 3600x [Cooling] be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 [Mobo] B450 Tomahawk Max [RAM] 16GB (2X8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz [GPU] RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio [PSU] XFX XTR 750W [Case] Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

Judging by 'cheaper air cooler like Dark Rock Pro4' i'd assume you got it for 100$+ which isn't a good price for 240mm AIO but these thermals look decent, you know, it depends on the fan curve and you can't compare two different CPUs with two different coolers.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

25 minutes ago, Arcaddia said:

Is this normal for the 3600x? I had a 4690k before I upgraded to a 3600x and that was running at like 35c on idle with intels stock cooler and now with this pretty expensive aio I feel i'm not getting what I should be, i'm thinking of returning it (if I can because the pre-applied thermal paste will have been used) and getting a cheaper air cooler instead like a dark rock pro 4. Thoughts?

I got the 115i I get 45 idle 55 load so yea that’s prob about right.

3600 has 4 more cores and 8 more threads than your last cpu to cool. The idle seems a little High, but not at full load. But its all well within the lower side of things

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

1 hour ago, Juular said:

Judging by 'cheaper air cooler like Dark Rock Pro4' i'd assume you got it for 100$+ which isn't a good price for 240mm AIO but these thermals look decent, you know, it depends on the fan curve and you can't compare two different CPUs with two different coolers.

Thanks for clearing it up, and I know I really shouldn't compare the performance of the cooling with a 4th gen intel cpu like that, my bad. Images are corsairs fan curve profiles that they're set to and sys 1 is a 140mm exhaust and sys 3 & 4 are 140mm intakes. I also notice a different reading for the CPU fan compared to what is shown on iCUE which I don't quite know the reason why. I also took a photo of my radiator on the top. There's a space on top where there is no dust filter or anything to stop dust from coming in that I circled in red, should I order some sort of custom dust filter or DIY to remedy it? Sorry for all the questions I just threw at you, thanks for the help.

IMG_20200114_184942__01__01.jpg

4ca60faec7182102f53337581ea499ad.png

9e2063d1f5547ba8093eb555e2538384.png

[CPU] Ryzen 5 3600x [Cooling] be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 [Mobo] B450 Tomahawk Max [RAM] 16GB (2X8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz [GPU] RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio [PSU] XFX XTR 750W [Case] Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

8 hours ago, Arcaddia said:

Thanks for clearing it up, and I know I really shouldn't compare the performance of the cooling with a 4th gen intel cpu like that, my bad. Images are corsairs fan curve profiles that they're set to and sys 1 is a 140mm exhaust and sys 3 & 4 are 140mm intakes. I also notice a different reading for the CPU fan compared to what is shown on iCUE which I don't quite know the reason why. I also took a photo of my radiator on the top. There's a space on top where there is no dust filter or anything to stop dust from coming in that I circled in red, should I order some sort of custom dust filter or DIY to remedy it? Sorry for all the questions I just threw at you, thanks for the help.

Fan 1/2 in iCUE are the fans plugged into the fan splitter coming from the cooler. 

Stick to one monitoring program if possible. Using more than one can result in conflicts and some programs can cause the cpu to boost. Your temps seem great. What you're reporting as idle probably isn't idle but instead the cpu boosting. I recommend using Ryzen Master instead. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.