Silverstone TJ08-E vs Nanoxia Deep Silence 4

jtai117
Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

Was it a huge temperature difference between the define and the arc? Also, if I decide to get the arc mini r2, I'll have to move from the 770 to an R9 280X. Is that ok?

moving from the define to the arc, yes at least 8° or more on CPU. using the same

fans and same placement. you rig will be only as loud as the noisiest component.

shouldn't be an issue for temperatures. it's just going to be a hot card. using the

DCUII or TF should make the GPU temps more "livable" on the 280x. and having

the arc case will move that heat easier due to the open front intake.

As the title says. I was just wondering which would be better. The Silverstone is $99 in Aus where the Nanoxia is $89. I'll most likely be buying a CM Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler and an EVGA GTX 770. I liked the Corsair 350D but I think it's too expensive now.

Thanks

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

As the title says. I was just wondering which would be better. The Silverstone is $99 in Aus where the Nanoxia is $89. I'll most likely be buying a CM Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler and an EVGA GTX 770. I liked the Corsair 350D but I think it's too expensive now.

Thanks

also look at the define mini or arc min (fractal design) if available. vendors tend

to "sale" fractal more often than SS or NX.

i like the 8E for a strictly air-cooled case. it can be altered to h2o, but not really

efficiently. the arc mini is a dual purpose case air or water, mini would be pretty

much air-cooled with fan changes necessary. the DS4 is define mini-ish.

also look at the define mini or arc min (fractal design) if available. vendors tend

to "sale" fractal more often than SS or NX.

i like the 8E for a strictly air-cooled case. it can be altered to h2o, but not really

efficiently. the arc mini is a dual purpose case air or water, mini would be pretty

much air-cooled with fan changes necessary. the DS4 is define mini-ish.

I can get an Arc Mini R2 but it's around $129 and only just gone on sale in Aus. The Define Mini is $119 (The 350D is $149 with a window). Vendors here don't usually do sales unless they're clearance sadly. I won't be doing a custom water loop but I might put in an AIO water loop from Corsair or something later on. Is the DS4 being define mini-ish a good thing?

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

Is the DS4 being define mini-ish a good thing?

i didn't think the define was all that with the closed offness. deffo created a dead

air-space on the hard drives because of the door. open the door and whoosh

air-flow. moved to the arc and never looked back and the rig build was as silent

as the define mini, but better cooling. the DS4 i'll bet will be similar.

i didn't think the define was all that with the closed offness. deffo created a dead

air-space on the hard drives because of the door. open the door and whoosh

air-flow. moved to the arc and never looked back and the rig build was as silent

as the define mini, but better cooling. the DS4 i'll bet will be similar.

Was it a huge temperature difference between the define and the arc? Also, if I decide to get the arc mini r2, I'll have to move from the 770 to an R9 280X. Is that ok?

moving from the define to the arc, yes at least 8° or more on CPU. using the same

fans and same placement. you rig will be only as loud as the noisiest component.

shouldn't be an issue for temperatures. it's just going to be a hot card. using the

Is there a cheaper alternative to the Arc mini?

If i were getting the 280X, I'll probably get the Direct CUII Top or like a Vapor-X

Is there a cheaper alternative to the Arc mini?

If i were getting the 280X, I'll probably get the Direct CUII Top or like a Vapor-X

not to my knowledge. the SS 8E is pretty good, the PSU location is ok, but if using

a non-modular PSU the wire mess could be a bit challenging. most use the SS PSU

and short cable kit to eliminate spare harness exposure. i just didn't care for the

180mm front fan. the tech for better air-flow on fans larger than 140mm is sloppy and

weak in options and flow.

not to my knowledge. the SS 8E is pretty good, the PSU location is ok, but if using

a non-modular PSU the wire mess could be a bit challenging. most use the SS PSU

and short cable kit to eliminate spare harness exposure. i just didn't care for the

180mm front fan. the tech for better air-flow on fans larger than 140mm is sloppy and

weak in options and flow.

Yeah, I've planned on using a Silverstone Strider Plus 600W 80+ Silver psu which is fully modular (Should I save $10 and get the 80+ bronze one instead? They're both fully modular). I don't know where to get the short cable kit in Aus btw. How's the cable management like in the SS 8E and the Arc Mini?

Yeah, I've planned on using a Silverstone Strider Plus 600W 80+ Silver psu which is fully modular (Should I save $10 and get the 80+ bronze one instead? They're both fully modular). I don't know where to get the short cable kit in Aus btw. How's the cable management like in the SS 8E and the Arc Mini?

for $10 keep the silver. the part number for short cable kit PP05.

8E was meh. the arc all was contained in the back of the motherboard, clean.

for $10 keep the silver. the part number for short cable kit PP05.

8E was meh. the arc all was contained in the back of the motherboard, clean.

Ahh ok thanks.

After reading a bit more, the Deep Silence 4 has room for 1 front, 1 rear and 1 top mounted fan which doesn't really sound like enough to me. How's this build then?

i5 4670K

CM Hyper 212 EVO

AsRock Z87m Ext.4

Asus R9 280X Direct CU-II TOP

Intel 330 120GB SSD (Salvaged from my Laptop)

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Patriot Signature 8GB 1600MHz

FD Arc Mini R2

SS Strider Plus 600W Silver

Asus CD/DVD Drive (OEM)

The build adds up to be $1294 which is just under my $1300 limit. Anything I should look at changing?

Ahh ok thanks.

After reading a bit more, the Deep Silence 4 has room for 1 front, 1 rear and 1 top mounted fan which doesn't really sound like enough to me. How's this build then?

i5 4670K

CM Hyper 212 EVO

AsRock Z87m Ext.4

Asus R9 280X Direct CU-II TOP

Intel 330 120GB SSD (Salvaged from my Laptop)

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Patriot Signature 8GB 1600MHz

FD Arc Mini R2

SS Strider Plus 600W Silver

Asus CD/DVD Drive (OEM)

The build adds up to be $1294 which is just under my $1300 limit. Anything I should look at changing?

looks like a buy it now opportunity!

looks like a buy it now opportunity!

Thanks for all your help!