Can you have both AMD And Nvidia Graphics Drivers on the same boot drive??

Palaiologos XII
Go to solution Solved by leo1798,

Sometimes older drivers can cause issues, but this shouldn't be too common. Just try running your system as-is and see if you have crashes or weird behavior. If you do, then you can try running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and installing fresh drivers. But in general the drivers should be fine. You can even use Nvidia and AMD cards together in the same system if you really wanted to, but this wouldn't be practical for gaming. 

Right now I have AMD driviers for my RX 5700XT.

But I am selling my old GTX 1080 and the guy wanted to see it work so I would take out my 5700XT and put back my 1080 so the buyer can see that it works.

Would installing Nvidia drivers on my system that already has a AMD drivers installed work? I mean having both AMD and Nvidia drivers? I am not trrying to have the gpus work at the same time just one.

I dont really like to uninstall and install my AMD drivers all over again than if I have to.

Sometimes older drivers can cause issues, but this shouldn't be too common. Just try running your system as-is and see if you have crashes or weird behavior. If you do, then you can try running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and installing fresh drivers. But in general the drivers should be fine. You can even use Nvidia and AMD cards together in the same system if you really wanted to, but this wouldn't be practical for gaming. 

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502