My new ram is causing all types of blue screen errors

My computer is around 2 years old and I thought that it was time to add some more ram to my computer. This new addition of x2 8gb trident gskill ram is identical to my previous ram and should act the same. After putting the ram in it starts normally, I was amused and instantly went to play the new star wars game. But after about 20 minutes I was startled to see a blue screen. I thought that it might just be a one time occurence but no, my computer continued to blue screen about 20 minutes after I started my pc everytime that I attempted to start it. Not all of the blue screen messages were the same, but they are all linked to ram issues. I am currently playing without the use of my new ram and am only using my old ram. I have no clue as to what is happening nor do I know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

DDR4 ram is very picky, even if you bought the exact same kit there is no guarantee it will work with another of the same kit. When upgrading or buying DDR4 it's always best to buy a kit of the exact size and speed you need, even if you already have a kit there is a high chance even another of the exact same kit will cause issues as they aren't tested to work together. You should return the kit you just bought and buy a kit of the exact size and speed you want to upgrade then sell your original kit on ebay, FBM, or craigslist.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Sounds like you just have a bad unit. I would return it for a replacement and see if the problem persists. 

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

50 minutes ago, vukos said:

Sounds like you just have a bad unit. I would return it for a replacement and see if the problem persists. 

Thanks for the feedback, but by any chance do you know what could cause it to become a faulty unit?

1 minute ago, Lukarius said:

Thanks for the feedback, but by any chance do you know what could cause it to become a faulty unit?

Honestly it could be anything. RAM silicon is like all silicon. Sometimes there are issues

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

Sometimes makers of RAM will use different IC's in the sticks even if they are of the same model as what was used before.

The difference here is what IC's were available for that particular model when made at the time of manufacture. If they don't have what was used before they use what's available to use when they make them as long as it satisfies the minimum requirements for that given model.

I agree, you'd expect a set of the same model to do the same but that's not always the case.

In any case if they don't work, just send them back. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 hour ago, vukos said:

Honestly it could be anything. RAM silicon is like all silicon. Sometimes there are issues

Yup do true about that. I’m working in the company where they make some chips mostly for cars ,5g antennas etc, you wouldn’t believe how many dies on one silicon wafer are rejected 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS