Lower 1080P performance than 1440p?? Help!

NoOneIsHome

I have 2 monitors BenQ XL2720T 1080p and an Acer ZX321QU WD 1440p. I play a few games I was testing Destiny 2 on both monitors strangely enough I am getting 18 - 30% higher fps with the 1440 monitor.

1080TI ZotacExtreme, 9900k clocked at 5.0ghz 24/7, 32 gigs of 3600 CL 15 ram, Win 10 64 bit, SSds for boot and games.

Both monitors use the same display port cable. I tested the BenQ with D-DVI cable as well same fps checked all settings in Nvidia Contral panel, many reboots no change, reloaded drivers no change. Destiny 2 had same settings on both monitors except for resolution.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, NoOneIsHome said:

I have 2 monitors BenQ XL2720T 1080p and an Acer ZX321QU WD 1440p. I play a few games I was testing Destiny 2 on both monitors strangely enough I am getting 18 - 30% higher fps with the 1440 monitor.

1080TI ZotacExtreme, 9900k clocked at 5.0ghz 24/7, 32 gigs of 3600 CL 15 ram, Win 10 64 bit, SSds for boot and games.

Both monitors use the same display port cable. I tested the BenQ with D-DVI cable as well same fps checked all settings in Nvidia Contral panel, many reboots no change, reloaded drivers no change. Destiny 2 had same settings on both monitors except for resolution.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You have some different settings when running at 1080p? That'd be the only explanation.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Destiny 2 had same settings on both monitors except for resolution.

I guess I will just go back to my 1440P monitor better frames anyway.

33 minutes ago, NoOneIsHome said:

Fixed

So you know what happened and changed it or it just went away?  Things don’t generally “just go away” with computers so something may have gotten updated or it’s an analog thing by which i mean something having to do with hardware and the environment in which case it will be back. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I reconnected my 1440p monitor and BaM fps is back to where it was. I am definitely getting higher fps with 1440p monitor cannot explain it.

Oh well use the 1440p and be done with it I guess.

My monitor is basically an Acer Predator Z321QU except it is 144hz instead of 165hz. Its pretty decent, looks really nice anyway.

Got it on sale for 299.99 maybe I should have bought 2?

Just now, NoOneIsHome said:

My monitor is basically an Acer Predator Z321QU except it is 144hz instead of 165hz. Its pretty decent, looks really nice anyway.

So it didn’t go away.  Fixed means you fixed the problem you were having rather than the oddity.  Pragmatic.  I doubt it’s the hardware, though I may be wrong.  It feels like software to me.  If you get around to it and find you care, and it’s totally fine if that doesn’t happen, finding out if it’s just destiny2 or if it happens with other things might be useful in determining  if it can be fixed.  There might not be an important or even solvable problem here.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, NoOneIsHome said:

I reconnected my 1440p monitor and BaM fps is back to where it was. I am definitely getting higher fps with 1440p monitor cannot explain it.

Oh well use the 1440p and be done with it I guess.

It means you probably weren't pushing the graphics card so it let your CPU do most of the work when in 1080p. When your card see's it's time to shine on a 1440p, the GPU will do most of the work.