What pcie slot should I use???

Hey guys, so I was thinking:
If I use an Asus h87m-pro ( http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87MPRO/ ) in an Aerocool dead silence (windowed version) can I put my discrete graphic card in the grey x4 pci slot and still use it as a x16 mode? Because if I wanted to add a wireless card, for example, I would see it in the window instead of the graphic card. I think I was clear enough, so please explain me :)

You will, and while there will be a loss of bandwidth, there would be near to no loss of performance.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

4x 2.0 would cause some laoss with high end cards would it not? 780ti/titan/290x/690??

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

i think it wont be a big deal but im not sure

oh and you sure you wanno go with aerocool...

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

oh and you sure you wanno go with aerocool...

why not?

4x 2.0 would cause some laoss with high end cards would it not? 780ti/titan/290x/690??

how about a 760?

why not?

lets say my aerocool case is not so good... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

lots of plastic, and over all cheap built cases. Go for a bitfenix prodigy  ;)

Edit: Forgot you build mATX. Then you would obviously need the prodigy M, however that's very small for mATX. The 350D from corsair is a solid choice aswell, but a little more expensive!

3570K @4.1GHz on a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H with 8GB of Corsair XMS3 overclocked to 2000MHz CL11 with a GTX 770 all inside a Corsair 600t case.

lots of plastic, and over all cheap built cases. Go for a bitfenix prodigy ;)

I want a windowed mATX case... Any thoughts?

not bad...  :D

yea i love that case teksyndicate has a review on it im probs going to switch to that once it comes out in aus.

yea i love that case teksyndicate has a review on it im probs going to switch to that once it comes out in aus.

but i will stil have the gpu slot problem  :P

but i will stil have the gpu slot problem  :P

yea i just read your post there will be a loss as im pretty sure thats pci 2.0 4x if it was pci 3.0 4x it would be fine but im pretty sure the yellow one is only pci 3.0 u could always get a usb wifi card.

yea i just read your post there will be a loss as im pretty sure thats pci 2.0 4x if it was pci 3.0 4x it would be fine but im pretty sure the yellow one is only pci 3.0 u could always get a usb wifi card.

Yeah, but for that I'd rather go with a itx system

Just use the first slot (golden one), and you will not have to face any issue.

You can also get the components, benchmark the GPU on the golden and then on the gray. Compare later.

Just use the first slot (golden one), and you will not have to face any issue.

You can also get the components, benchmark the GPU on the golden and then on the gray. Compare later.

If I use the gold one and then install a wireless card The window will look ugly  :wacko:

If I use the gold one and then install a wireless card The window will look ugly  :wacko:

It's down to you, looks vs performance.

why not a simple USB Wi-Fi adapter so you won't have to deal with the aesthetic issue.

plug in the back or front panel.

why not a simple USB Wi-Fi adapter so you won't have to deal with the aesthetic issue.

plug in the back or front panel.

That's well thought :D