Install Windows 10 on 2 Separate Hard drives

takedadshiro

Good day!

Is it possible to install Windows 10 on 2 separate drives? I want to separate my “Gaming” Windows 10 with my “Editing” Windows 10. 

I want to do this because I don’t want any bloatware on my gaming OS that may affect gaming performance(Adobe software).

I have 1 copy of windows 10 that I will use on my Gaming OS and I will just download the Windows 10 for my editing OS and just use it unactivated.

It is possible but you'll have to manually choose a boot device at every reboot. Not particularly efficient. All you really have to do is right click on Adobe CC in the taskbar and close it. 

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

5 minutes ago, vukos said:

It is possible but you'll have to manually choose a boot device at every reboot. Not particularly efficient. All you really have to do is right click on Adobe CC in the taskbar and close it. 

Can’t I just set a default boot drive? And just change the default boot drive to the editing OS when I will edit? I’ll probably be gaming 95% of the time.

I run and edit with adobe and game and there would be zero benefit to splitting them between different os drives. Adobe has no effect on gaming performance when it's not running.

22 minutes ago, takedadshiro said:

Can’t I just set a default boot drive? And just change the default boot drive to the editing OS when I will edit? I’ll probably be gaming 95% of the time.

You can do that. But again, it really isn't worth your effort. The smarter approach would be to tell Adobe CC not to run when windows starts. 

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

It's possible, install one drive at a time with the other one (or any other disk) disconnected.

When you boot, click "quick boot selection" button (different mobo have different key), mine is F9, then you just select the disk you want to boot.

As simple as that. 

Each disk have it's own boot loader so it wont effect each other.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I actually did this by accident.  I keep on meaning to figure out which one is the version I’m not using and delete it.  It can be annoying.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.