What's the use of this cable I've got with the Xbox One?

NystriX
Go to solution Solved by Roswell,
On 1/4/2020 at 3:58 PM, NystriX said:

The weirdest part about it is that there is the yellow connection in the RCA, the yellow cable stands for video and since when a headphone jack could be used for video and audio!?

Even when searching online for those converters you will only find the red and white ones(which are stands for left and right stereo audio) what's interesting me about this weird cable is that it contains the video cable, like this is so bizarre...

Screenshot_2020-01-04-22-55-36-440_com.android.chrome.jpg

3.55mm can carry video too. It was super common in camcorder land until about 10 years ago.

??

IMG_20200104_223024.jpg

PS2 Fat(JP) : PS2 S Silver(EU) : PS3 Super Slim : Nintendo Switch
Wii(x2) : SNES CE : Xbox One : Xbox 360 S(EU) : PS Vita 2000

legacy video cable for older TVs

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

that looks like an component video output cable.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

legacy video cable for older TVs

1 minute ago, Levent said:

that looks like an component video output cable.

I don't get it, it looks like an headphone jack to RCA... Anyway, the xbox has non of those in/outputs, no RCA and no headphone jack(not even on the controllers) so what is the reason to include this cable with the Xbox?

1 minute ago, NystriX said:

I don't get it, it looks like an headphone jack to RCA... Anyway, the xbox has non of those in/outputs, no RCA and no headphone jack(not even on the controllers) so what is the reason to include this cable with the Xbox?

That exact cable came with X360E. Also you are right I dont think Xbox One has any analog video outputs or even capable of outputting anolog video without active converters.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

This post made me feel really old.

Yup.  Came here to say that too.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

There are two audio cables (red and white) and yellow is video.  They are RCA cables.  That's what the 3.5mm is for . . . the audio part.  So my guess is something like a receiver would be used.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

That exact cable came with X360E. Also you are right I dont think Xbox One has any analog video outputs or even capable of outputting anolog video without active converters.

The weirdest part about it is that there is the yellow connection in the RCA, the yellow cable stands for video and since when a headphone jack could be used for video and audio!?

Even when searching online for those converters you will only find the red and white ones(which are stands for left and right stereo audio) what's interesting me about this weird cable is that it contains the video cable, like this is so bizarre...

14 minutes ago, NystriX said:

Wait, so you knew what they were?  

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

There are two audio cables (red and white) and yellow is video.  They are RCA cables.  That's what the 3.5mm is for . . . the audio part.  So my guess is something like a receiver would be used.  

Read this one V

1 minute ago, NystriX said:

Just now, NystriX said:

Read this one V

They traditionally came in the variety you have when dealing with A/V components.  My guess is that it's for someone using a receiver.  Console to receiver and then receiver to TV.  

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

They traditionally came in the variety you have when dealing with A/V components.  My guess is that it's for someone using a receiver.  Console to receiver and then receiver to TV.  

Yeah that's what i thought as well... Still its kinda weird be included with the system...

Anyway thanks people have a gr8 evening

It genuinely amazes me that no one here seems to know what a Composite cable is. Specifically, that one comes with the Xbox 360 E-models, replacing the older-style end connector that the original Xbox 360 and S models used.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

18 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

It genuinely amazes me that no one here seems to know what a Composite cable is. Specifically, that one comes with the Xbox 360 E-models, replacing the older-style end connector that the original Xbox 360 and S models used.

14 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

It is. This cable is for an Xbox 360.

It came with my xbox one, it's the oldest version of the xbox one. The one with no headphone jack on the controllers.

15 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I thought the Xbox One was HDMI only.

It has hdmi only thats the weird part...

36 minutes ago, NystriX said:

It came with my xbox one, it's the oldest version of the xbox one. The one with no headphone jack on the controllers.

It has hdmi only thats the weird part...

Was it brand new or was it used? 

Could’ve also very well been a mispackage.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

27 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Was it brand new or was it used? 

Could’ve also very well been a mispackage.

Well it was factory new the assassin's Creed unity version... Brought it in 2015

On 1/4/2020 at 3:58 PM, NystriX said:

3.55mm can carry video too. It was super common in camcorder land until about 10 years ago.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20