Is this faulty hardware or a driver? Pic included.

NegativeROG

Thanks in advance for your help.  My config will be below. 

I guess my graphics driver keeps crashing.  Often, my screen gives me pixellated diagonal stripes, then the TV input flips for a sec, then SOMETIMES it recovers, sometimes I just get "No Signal" from the TV and have to hard reset.

I've got the latest 19.12.3 drivers, even tried rolling back a bunch. 

I know my system is at a 99.999999999999% stable overclock, I sometimes have to back 25MHz off of my graphics card for Subnautica to be happy.  I have backed GPU clocks all the way back to stock and that doesn't seem to change anything.

This has been occurring since I purchased the card Oct. of '18.  I sent back the first one.  It's driving me insane, as it occurs randomly.  My temps are all very, very good.  

I can run Kombustor, Unigen Heaven 4.0, Cinebench R15, all the Firestrike iterations, and I don't get a driver crash.

Hardware acceleration in browsers got turned OFF because that was causing a TON of crashes.  Sometimes this occurs on the desktop (just the wallpaper), sometimes loading a game, sometimes in a browser, sometimes in Windows Explorer.

I can offer any other information required. 

Ryzen 5 2600 (OC to 4.1 STABLE, 62c max during gaming in July (in a Southern state)).

MSI Radeon RX 580 8Gb Armor MkII  (OC at 1500MHz core, 2125MHz memory, 64c max during gaming in July (see above)).

MSI x470 Gaming Plus

Adata Spectrix D40 18-18-18-36 @3000 (stock)

Samsung 860 500Gb

2x ST3000DM008

EVGA 750BQ

Windows 10 Pro 19.03

9999 LED lights.

(My OTHER rig is all ASUS)

20191230_191410.jpg

Looks like artifacts or a corrupted AMD Radeon driver.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Oooh! That’s a very very specific thing.  I don’t remember what it is though :/

the pic will be extremely helpful to someone.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

What PSU?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

UPDATE 1/5/20:

I ran DDU (properly), and things seem to have become worse.  I can't load NMS at all now.  My browser(s) (with hardware acceleration off) causes the same pattern in the above picture.  

So here's my NEW question:  Is this a faulty motherboard?  Graphics card?  Memory?  Everything was purchaces 10/18, so it SHOULD all still be under warranty.

Any ACTUAL help would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, AsusMaximus said:

UPDATE 1/6/20:

I figured it out.  Problem solved.

And the solution is? ..................

Oh, the solution has been shared with the people that were deeply involved in the investigation.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

And the solution is? ..................

the solution is he's an asshole. instead of letting people know what the fix is in case of someone else had the same issue

14 minutes ago, circeseye said:

the solution is he's an asshole. instead of letting people know what the fix is in case of someone else had the same issue

No usually an answer like that means it was his fault for not checking a cable or something super simple of that nature. 

My feelings ain't hurtin. ;)

34 minutes ago, circeseye said:

Well annoyed anyway.  Possibly justifiably. 

The solution is the people who knew stuff didn’t answer so it sat there for a while, so the people who didn’t know stuff tried to do what they could.

which in my case was very little.

I posted because it had been sitting there for close to an hour and I thought it might at least pop it back to the top of the stack so it would be viewed again, and let him know it was at least being seen.  While I was typing the post above mine came in and I didn’t see it till it posted.

it mostly managed to irritate him I’m afraid.  The community didn’t help, so he feels he is not obligated to help them back.  It’s not unreasonable.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well annoyed anyway.  Possibly justifiably. 

The solution is the people who knew stuff didn’t answer so it sat there for a while, so the people who didn’t know stuff tried to do what they could.

which in my case was very little.

I posted because it had been sitting there for close to an hour and I thought it might at least pop it back to the top of the stack so it would be viewed again.

it mostly managed to irritate him I’m afraid.  The community didn’t help, so he feels he is not obligated to help them back.  It’s not unreasonable.

yea i was generally curious when i caught the thread today. ive never seen that issue before. and to see the fix response was ......

4 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yea i was generally curious when i caught the thread today. ive never seen that issue before

I have, but not in a very long time and not on anything like modern hardware.  More like coax.  I remember it’s really indicative though and has to do with only part of a video signal getting through.  That or the timing of the video signal.  It’s not impossible A bum or misinstalled cable could do it, but I’m not sure. Or wasn’t.  I’m still not.

The cause was NOT my fault.  I got ZERO help here, so that's how many people I shared my solution with.  Some genius asked me what my power supply was, when it is CLEARLY stated in my config.  I had people show up and say, "Oh, wow, I don't know, you sure seem to have a problem there."  NOT a loose cable.  Maybe if I'm feeling charitable later...

10 minutes ago, AsusMaximus said:

The cause was NOT my fault.  I got ZERO help here, so that's how many people I shared my solution with.  Some genius asked me what my power supply was, when it is CLEARLY stated in my config.  I had people show up and say, "Oh, wow, I don't know, you sure seem to have a problem there."  NOT a loose cable.  Maybe if I'm feeling charitable later...

Wow what a d**che. 

(I would have said to check your junction/vram temps which you didnt share).

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

19 minutes ago, AsusMaximus said:

I suppose I could have given you the things I had seen before but they were so fricken old.  I was able to think long enough to remember what they were:

A commodore64 will make that image if it’s got a bad video timing chip.  It can also happen with RCA coax if you brush the cable against the video port.  Very distinctive image, but I very very much doubt either of those things would have been considered even vaguely relevant.  Computers and cables are wildly different things now.

Dying ram gets my vote.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb