Modem malfunctioning, internet offline

Hello. Sorry for formatting, I am currently on mobile right now.

My modem has been malfunctioning (all according to my ISP, Spectrum) and is sending an incorrect signal to my router, preventing me from accessing the internet.

Is there any way to interface with the modem on the network to fix this signal error?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Modem: Cisco DPC3216

Router: Netgear R6300 V2

Modems are generally plug'n'play devices after you activate your connection with the ISP. There isn't much/any configuring to do with them after that. I do believe they have a WebUI you can access if you connect a computer directly to it (I don't recommend doing it though) but most of the values and settings inside (a lot of dB and MHz/Hz values) aren't for your average consumer or even prosumer to configure.

If your ISP doesn't have access to inspect the modem's configuration themselves then assuming you have not touched anything when it up'n'quit and nothing has happened to the cable outside your home leading to the nearest cabinet then you probably have a defective modem and will have to have it replaced.

But as a sanity check did you try turning it off and on again? You can also try resetting it to Factory Defaults. You'll possibly have to reactivate the network with the ISP again though.