Which DAC/AMP to get?

Bazrat
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
8 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I think I might just get the mic later then, and get the g5 or g6. But since I can find the Fulla 3 for a similar price, would the g6 or fulla 3 be better?

I personally prefer the sound of the g6 to me sounds slightly cleaner and less compressed  . but both perform about the same 

I'm just gonna put this here.

Same youtuber also has a review on the Fulla 2, which is a bit outdated since now they sell the Fulla 3. Not sure if they fixed the grounding issue that the 2 had.

8 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Same youtuber also has a review on the Fulla 2, which is a bit outdated since now they sell the Fulla 3. Not sure if they fixed the grounding issue that the 2 had.

The 2 also suffered from bad DAC implementation and old schiit house sound

So Schiit is spoken as...shit...?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

7 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

So Schiit is spoken as...shit...?

yeah basically 

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

yeah basically 

Had to ask for sure because English is not my native language. Just surprised about it why they even think of this name lol. "We recommend you this Schiitty DAC" :D

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

6 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Had to ask for sure because English is not my native language. Just surprised about it why they even think of this name lol. "We recommend you this Schiitty DAC" :D

Funnily enough they came up with the name from a suggestion from Jason Stoddarts wife.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 1/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, ShearMe said:

Just saw this the other day haha

Main System: Ryzen 7 5800x | Asus Strix B550A | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL14 | GTX 1080 | Fedora 36

Server: Ryzen 7 2700x | Asus Strix B450-F | 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz | GTX 1060 6GB | Unraid 6.10.3

Laptop: Intel i5 4200u | 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz | GT 740m | Windows 10

Mobile: iPhone 13 Mini | 128GB // Poco X3 NFC | 128GB

I'd like to thank everyone for the help. I've finally decided to go for the Fulla 3 from a store not to far away from me, bit more than what I was hoping to spend but should be worth it in the end. Thanks again :)

Main System: Ryzen 7 5800x | Asus Strix B550A | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL14 | GTX 1080 | Fedora 36

Server: Ryzen 7 2700x | Asus Strix B450-F | 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz | GTX 1060 6GB | Unraid 6.10.3

Laptop: Intel i5 4200u | 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz | GT 740m | Windows 10

Mobile: iPhone 13 Mini | 128GB // Poco X3 NFC | 128GB