Wifi keeps asking for password PopOs

Hi & Happy New Year to all.

Ive got a issue where I have a rtl8812AU wifi dongle that keeps asking for my password upon reboot even tho I have connected to it many a times before, Ive also noticed that it keeps setting up a new connection even tho the old one is still present on the wifi list too?

1255090773_Screenshotfrom2020-01-0119-06-46.thumb.png.65dfecd3d342be422479038f5f73f2e4.png

I should advise  - for some reason when I 1st installed Popos, the driver that came per-installed worked for this dongle but as soon as it downloaded the updated driver via sys update, it failed to work. In order to get around this I found a site that helped me re-install another driver using the DKMS route, of which I now do evey re-install.

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2019/11/install-rtl8814au-driver-ubuntu-19-10-kernel-5-13/

After I do this it will connect no problems & stay connected until I reboot the pc -  It will once again ask me for the psw and will do every time :(  If I try to delete the connections completely, nothing changes, it does the same loop. 

I have another wifi dongle made by rarlink that does the exact same thing as the RTL one when I try to connect with that too so Im guessing that its an issue with my settings/config?

Ive have tried to edit the network file in the etc/net manager/sys config folders but cant figure out what editor to open them with so I cannot see the info inside or change it ?

1835383881_Screenshotfrom2020-01-0119-28-45.thumb.png.532377c2d9671903ccb517831e4dc38c.png

Ive got a feeling that I need to purge something but am hesitant to try a load of commands Ive just come across as it normally results in me breaking the Os & re-installing from scratch, which Id like to avoid as im on 8/9 re-installs atm ?

Any ideas?

uninstall the driver and install the old one

2 minutes ago, ff0000 said:

uninstall the driver and install the old one

If i do that then it will not connect

Hm... Could you share the output of `journalctl --catalog --boot` at around the time it asks for the password at boot? Also, do you have the system set to automatically log into your account, or do you have to type your user password every single time you boot? It might play a role here (though I can't see which), as it did mess with my WiFi password on KDE until I told it to store the password in plain text (the "for all users" setting), since it had me enter my user password every single boot because I set it to automatically log in, which meant that I did not type my password in before it tried to connect to my WiFi.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, elsandosgrande said:

Hm... Could you share the output of `journalctl --catalog --boot` at around the time it asks for the password at boot? Also, do you have the system set to automatically log into your account, or do you have to type your user password every single time you boot? It might play a role here (though I can't see which), as it did mess with my WiFi password on KDE until I told it to store the password in plain text (the "for all users" setting), since it had me enter my user password every single boot because I set it to automatically log in, which meant that I did not type my password in before it tried to connect to my WiFi.

Hi mate thx for the reply but ive got the issue resolved now ( I hope )

Re-installing the wifi drivers left me with the same issue & did not work but this did >

sudo apt install --reinstall network-manager

Thought I post just in case it helps anyone else ;)