Full Array LED vs QLED TV?

i was looking forward to buying a 4k tv this year but i am totally confused... after reading some articles and doing some research i found this oneplus tv ( i live in india ) which met every need i had.

but it has  va panel (since it is qled), the viewing angles are pretty bad, brightness is not that good and colors are also oversaturated. i know oled tvs are considered to be the best in these categories but they are too damn expensive here.

so i also found the lg nanocell tv it is like qled but ips. now in ips tvs the contrast isn't that good so people buy full array local dimming tv. again these full array locally dimmed tvs are expensive...!

as i watch too many movies contrast is very important for me. so my QUESTION is- should i buy a qled oneplus tv or a nanocell EDGE LIT locally dimmed lg tv

which will give me better viewing experience? which has better hdr? 

links:

lg tv -- https://www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Nano-Cell-55SM8100PTA-Ceramic/dp/B07SK7Y64W/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=lg+sm&qid=1577858039&sr=8-1

oneplus tv -- https://www.amazon.in/OnePlus-Certified-Android-55Q1IN-1-Without/dp/B07W5QZQ45/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=oneplus+tv&qid=1577858110&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&sr=8-2 

On 1/1/2020 at 12:58 AM, Abhinavp said:

i was looking forward to buying a 4k tv this year but i am totally confused... after reading some articles and doing some research i found this oneplus tv ( i live in india ) which met every need i had.

but it has  va panel (since it is qled), the viewing angles are pretty bad, brightness is not that good and colors are also oversaturated. i know oled tvs are considered to be the best in these categories but they are too damn expensive here.

so i also found the lg nanocell tv it is like qled but ips. now in ips tvs the contrast isn't that good so people buy full array local dimming tv. again these full array locally dimmed tvs are expensive...!

as i watch too many movies contrast is very important for me. so my QUESTION is- should i buy a qled oneplus tv or a nanocell EDGE LIT locally dimmed lg tv

which will give me better viewing experience? which has better hdr? 

links:

lg tv -- https://www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Nano-Cell-55SM8100PTA-Ceramic/dp/B07SK7Y64W/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=lg+sm&qid=1577858039&sr=8-1

oneplus tv -- https://www.amazon.in/OnePlus-Certified-Android-55Q1IN-1-Without/dp/B07W5QZQ45/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=oneplus+tv&qid=1577858110&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&sr=8-2 

Keep in mind that an Edgelit TV with "local dimming" means that all of the LED's that provide the light source are around the edges of the bezel, shining inwards. That means that even with local dimming, the contrast isn't going to be great. Edgelit is not great in my opinion.

To be honest, there's not going to be a super large difference between QLED and Nanocell - they are variations of the same basic technology. I'd just pick whichever is cheaper, or just get the LG TV since it includes a stand xD, and the local dimming, while crappy edgelit, is better than no local dimming (at least, usually).

Also note that the OnePlus TV doesn't come with a stand.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 5:37 AM, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind that an Edgelit TV with "local dimming" means that all of the LED's that provide the light source are around the edges of the bezel, shining inwards. That means that even with local dimming, the contrast isn't going to be great. Edgelit is not great in my opinion.

To be honest, there's not going to be a super large difference between QLED and Nanocell - they are variations of the same basic technology. I'd just pick whichever is cheaper, or just get the LG TV since it includes a stand xD, and the local dimming, while crappy edgelit, is better than no local dimming (at least, usually).

Also note that the OnePlus TV doesn't come with a stand.

thanks for the reply! nice info.

• 7 months later...

ok lgs nano, because its a ips doesnt have perfect blacks, BUT you can not tell unless your in a pitch dark room.

other then that the nano is gorgeous and waaaaaaay better then the one plus

Some QLED TV's are Full Array, like the Samsung Q90T and Q80T so....

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

8 hours ago, Ankerson said:

Some QLED TV's are Full Array, like the Samsung Q90T and Q80T so....

Yep. QLED is the actual LCD screen itself (or rather the specific layers it has) - the backlight layout can be anything, just like with a traditional LED.

The best QLED are full array - Edgelit can be fine but it does kind of suck in comparison.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)