Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce OC fan issue

Branimir Fazzari

What's up guys, I'm new here.

I'm wondering if you could help me with a problem I'm currently experiencing with said graphics card on the title.

When it goes under load, at approximately 1800+ RPM the fans (don't know which one specifically) start making rattling noises, as if they were hitting something. But when I push the card a bit up with my finger from one side of it, the noise stops and both spin as they should with no problems.

I've tested the fans in Afterburner though, with no load, just adjusting fan speeds, and even at a 100% none of the fans would make such noise, plus I didn't need to push the card a bit up as I did before, so I think it has to do with heating issues.

Does anyone know how to fix this specific problem?

Thank you for your time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 10:12 PM, Branimir Fazzari said:

What's up guys, I'm new here.

I'm wondering if you could help me with a problem I'm currently experiencing with said graphics card on the title.

When it goes under load, at approximately 1800+ RPM the fans (don't know which one specifically) start making rattling noises, as if they were hitting something. But when I push the card a bit up with my finger from one side of it, the noise stops and both spin as they should with no problems.

I've tested the fans in Afterburner though, with no load, just adjusting fan speeds, and even at a 100% none of the fans would make such noise, plus I didn't need to push the card a bit up as I did before, so I think it has to do with heating issues.

Does anyone know how to fix this specific problem?

Thank you for your time.

Same here, not sure whether the lifting up works. I will check tomorrow. Maybe there is a way (depending on your case and options) to permanently lift it in some way so the rattling stops (cables or zip ties?). I will let you know tomorrow